BusTalk Forum Index BusTalk
A Community Discussing Buses and Bus Operations Worldwide!

BusTalk MainBusTalk Main FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups BusTalk GalleriesBusTalk Galleries   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Nickel and diming-Time to Send a Message to the Airlines

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> General Transportation - All Other Modes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dieseljim
Deceased

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 7:40 pm    Post subject: Nickel and diming-Time to Send a Message to the Airlines Reply with quote

I think it is time for a nationwide boycott of most of the nation's major airlines, particularly American and U nited in re of the way they are nickel and diming their passengers with fees upon fees in addition to the air fares. This could be for a minimum of one week and no longer than a month. Business travelers could replace many of their trips with teleconferencing by such means as such internet services as Go To Meeting, where by internet telecommunications, several people in different locations are brought together by means of a conference call. By doing this instead of filling a seat on an airline's flights for about a week or so, longer if necessary, the majority of the travelers could send a message to the airlines that ENOUGH IS ENOUGH. Either treat us like professionals and human beings or we will find someone that will. The impression I have gotten from these is that American, United, Delta, and USAirways are run by people who should NOT be in the customer service business and have no business running an airline. The likes of CR Smith of American, Bob Six of Continental, Frank Borman of Eastern have been replaced by a bunch of Wall Street cokeheads and pirates of the likes of Carl Icahn and Frank Lorenzo (who is no longer in the airline business if he is not dead). Messrs. Six, Smith, and Borman knew their business and ran it well. The people who run Southwest,JetBlue, and AirTran are among the best in the business. These guys KNOW the business better than most of the others. They also know how to treat people right. It cannot be said for the Legacy carriers, thus the need for a boycott targeting the legacy airlines.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Mr. Linsky
BusTalk's Offical Welcoming Committee

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

D. J.,

Why didn't you mention this to me yesterday before I bought our tickets to New York for Thanksgiving at $1,200 for two round trips? (that's exactly twice what we used to pay).

Boycotting is a great idea and I, for one, am all for it except when a grandma (my wife) wants to see her nine year old grandson and she aint taken no bus or train to do it!

Talk about nickel and diming; I expect the next move to be coin operated lavatories!

Look, we understand the problems most airlines now face what with fuel costs that are sky high (not a pun).

But this nickel and diming is absurd, annoying and inconvenient to those of us who fly regularly.

Charge more for the fare and leave us alone with all this nonsense!

Mr. Linsky - Green Bus Lines, Inc., Jamaica, NY
Dieseljim
Deceased

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 7:02 am    Post subject: Airline Nickel and Diming Reply with quote

I really wish I HAD thought of that sooner. In addition to nickel and diming you, the airlines want to only give their pilots just enough fuel to reach their destination and if they have to divert or hold for weather, etc., let them declare an emergency. After that Avianca crash some years ago, the airlines are pushing the envelop to the point where the impression I get is they would like another Avianca crash near an airport all because they cut the pilot's fuel allotment to just enough to reach their destination, little or no reserves for diversion or holding pattern. I have read the accident report on the Avianca crash, and 81,000 lbs of fuel in that 707 should have been enough to take Avianca to Boston, though Philly would have been a better diversion choice. Even 19 years after Avianca, our airlines just don't get it, keep cutting corners on safety and they are going to lose some planes whether they want to or not.quote="Mr. Linsky"]D. J.,

Why didn't you mention this to me yesterday before I bought our tickets to New York for Thanksgiving at $1,200 for two round trips? (that's exactly twice what we used to pay).

Boycotting is a great idea and I, for one, am all for it except when a grandma (my wife) wants to see her nine year old grandson and she aint taken no bus or train to do it!

Talk about nickel and diming; I expect the next move to be coin operated lavatories!

Look, we understand the problems most airlines now face what with fuel costs that are sky high (not a pun).

But this nickel and diming is absurd, annoying and inconvenient to those of us who fly regularly.

Charge more for the fare and leave us alone with all this nonsense!

Mr. Linsky - Green Bus Lines, Inc., Jamaica, NY[/quote]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> General Transportation - All Other Modes All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: