BusTalk Forum Index BusTalk
A Community Discussing Buses and Bus Operations Worldwide!

BusTalk MainBusTalk Main FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups BusTalk GalleriesBusTalk Galleries   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

GreenBus Lines 1950's and 1960's route and destination signs

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> General Bus Forum - All Bus Topics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Henry Gray

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 9:35 pm    Post subject: GreenBus Lines 1950's and 1960's route and destination signs Reply with quote

I was wondering, could some one (Mr. Linsky, the GBL historian perhaps) help me, please list the GBL's routes and the destinations signs on their 50's and 60's buses? I was reading where Mr. Linsky broke down the route and the destination signs for their Macks. Please help, this is of the utmost curiousity for me.

Thanks,
Henry Gray
Mr. Linsky
BusTalk's Offical Welcoming Committee

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Henry,

I can't talk too much about the sixties but the route assignments in the fifties where essentially the same as those posted for the Macks of the late thirties with the exception of the addition of the Q10 branch to the then New York International Airport (an extension of Richmond Hill Circle added first to the 1949 TDH 4507's (#301 to 310).

The 'CM' Macks from 1939 and 1940 also came sans a Q60 Queens Boulevard routing because the company only took over the Manhattan and Queens Bus Corporation in 1943.

The next big additions for the company came either in the late sixties or early seventies when the Q10 'JFK' express was created and, of course, all the new express routes into Manhattan.

Mr. Linsky - Green Bus Lines, Inc., Jamaica, NY
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> General Bus Forum - All Bus Topics All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: