BusTalk Forum Index BusTalk
A Community Discussing Buses and Bus Operations Worldwide!

BusTalk MainBusTalk Main FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups BusTalk GalleriesBusTalk Galleries   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Suffolk Transit Bus # 9912 can fly !

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> Long Island & Westchester Buses
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hart Bus

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 11:01 am    Post subject: Suffolk Transit Bus # 9912 can fly ! Reply with quote

Yesterday evening around 7:45 PM while on the way home with my wife, I was w/b on Nesconset Highway (Rte 347). As I passed Lake Drive I saw this bus in the left lane w/b and it was moving. I finally caught up to it.

I stayed behind it in the left lane as it was doing a little over the 55 speed limit. In fact when we came upon a red light he pulled into the newly formed left lane. I followed him because I knew he'd beat everyone off the line when the light changed. I was correct.

Finally got in front of him near the county center on Vet's Highway (Rte 454) and was headed to a place called "NOT IN SERVICE". He followed me all the way to Harned Road, where he turned left and proceed south on Harned Road, and I continued west.

I couldn't see what company the bus was assigned to, but I figured it was either Inter-County or EBT, because he was probably going to take Harned > West on Motor Parkway>south on Commack Road> South on Deer Park to Babylon Village if ICMC or continue to Sunrise and West to EBT.
S-60 To Smith Haven Mall

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 7:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Suffolk Transit Bus # 9912 can fly ! Reply with quote

Hart Bus wrote:
Yesterday evening around 7:45 PM while on the way home with my wife, I was w/b on Nesconset Highway (Rte 347). As I passed Lake Drive I saw this bus in the left lane w/b and it was moving. I finally caught up to it.

I stayed behind it in the left lane as it was doing a little over the 55 speed limit. In fact when we came upon a red light he pulled into the newly formed left lane. I followed him because I knew he'd beat everyone off the line when the light changed. I was correct.

Finally got in front of him near the county center on Vet's Highway (Rte 454) and was headed to a place called "NOT IN SERVICE". He followed me all the way to Harned Road, where he turned left and proceed south on Harned Road, and I continued west.

I couldn't see what company the bus was assigned to, but I figured it was either Inter-County or EBT, because he was probably going to take Harned > West on Motor Parkway>south on Commack Road> South on Deer Park to Babylon Village if ICMC or continue to Sunrise and West to EBT.

EBT doesn't have orion's, they and sunrise/HJ our the only two compaines that don't.

it was a ICMC but i didn't know they had a bus numbered 9912
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Pineywoodsbus

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah ICMC's Orions are fast too! It was probably going back to the yard in Babylon, probably deadheading from Smith Haven Mall. That was prob was a S57, I usually see 9912 on there. Prob the last bus that gets into Smith Haven and then goes OOS.
ICMC and CBS Orions are quite fast, the ones at Suffolk Bus Corp aren't quite as good.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> Long Island & Westchester Buses All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: