BusTalk Forum Index BusTalk
A Community Discussing Buses and Bus Operations Worldwide!

BusTalk MainBusTalk Main FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups BusTalk GalleriesBusTalk Galleries   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Avenue B & East Broadway 414 at Trolley Valhalla

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> Bus Preservation, Conversion, & Sales
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ripta42
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 1:51 pm    Post subject: Avenue B & East Broadway 414 at Trolley Valhalla Reply with quote

I just came across a couple of sites with photos of the remains of Trolley Valhalla in Jobstown, NJ. There a couple of buses decaying on the site, including Avenue B & East Broadway 414.

http://www.abandonedbutnotforgotten.com/trolley_vahalla_nj.htm
http://www.stuofdoom.com/trolley.html

Also, here's a 'blog with a photo and some discussion of another bus on the site. It looks like an ACF/Brill to me.

http://phillybits.blogspot.com/2006/03/boys.html
RailBus63

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe that is a Mack bus.
phillybits

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 6:47 am    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

I happened to notice the incoming link from here regarding my post on the bus on my blog Phillybits.

Do you have any further idea of what kind of bus that might be or even the history behind it? I've tried to contact the local newspaper there (used to live in the area) and have gotten nowhere.

As I stated in the post, we've known about this rustbucket for years and although it's deteriorated much over the years, it did used to have some indication on the inside about segregation of passengers.

Other than that, neat site. I didn't even know there was a site like this devoted to buses, especially from a historical perspective. And thanks for the other two links. Those are some fascinating pictures.

-- Phillybits
ripta42
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for joining us! That bus is too far gone to tell its hitory just from looking at it, though Railbus63 pointed out that it's a Mack (and I would take his word over mine any day). If you ever find yourself on the site again, look for a builder's plate, usually found on the dash (like the black square in the middle of the dash in this photo. The serial number on the plate can be used to look up the original owner and date of delivery on manufacturers' lists that are still readily available. That will probably solve the mystery.
Cyberider

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've saved many of the Avenue B & East Broadway Mack photos on my computer that were in the BTN Gallery. I think they were at nycsubway.org before that but don't know if they're posted anywhere now. I could post them here or somewhere if there's interest.
ripta42
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This bus (and everything else at the Trolley Valhalla site) was scrapped in 2009.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> Bus Preservation, Conversion, & Sales All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: