BusTalk Forum Index BusTalk
A Community Discussing Buses and Bus Operations Worldwide!

BusTalk MainBusTalk Main FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups BusTalk GalleriesBusTalk Galleries   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Staten Island buses...pretty good compared to LI Bus

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pineywoodsbus

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 12:38 pm    Post subject: Staten Island buses...pretty good compared to LI Bus Reply with quote

I consider S.I. to be more like Nassau in alot of ways, but the bus service is much more frequent and reliable than LI Bus. The 1999 Orion V's rock! They remind me of the ST Orion V's at CBS, they are fast and in good shape.
I took a couple of trips there this spring, never had to wait long for a bus, even on the south shore (Hylan Blvd-Mt.Loretto). The S78 came within 10 minutes or so.
Only prob was some buses didn't have a/c but it wasn't a hot day. I rode on mostly Orion V's in the 62xx range, on the S59,S78,S79,S74,etc. I did have one Nova RTS it looked like a rehab as the windows had no scratches and it was FAST. Faster than the Orions actually.
The fleet seems to be in good shape. I sure hope those Orions aren't going anywhere. I heard a rumor that a batch of them will be leaving Yukon for more RTS's or even '07 hybrids.
What are the buses governed at down in S.I.? They seem to be easily reaching 50mph down on Hylan on the south shore.
transitman

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 8:38 am    Post subject: transitman Reply with quote

Between October and December 2007, some hybrids came to yukon depot, then went back to service in manhattan.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> New York City Buses All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: