BusTalk Forum Index BusTalk
A Community Discussing Buses and Bus Operations Worldwide!

BusTalk MainBusTalk Main FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups BusTalk GalleriesBusTalk Galleries   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

RTS Book for Pre-order on Amazon!
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> Exchange Place & Collector's Corner
View previous topic :: View next topic  
caine824

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yippee Laughing Laughing Laughing
Can't wait for it!!
MOVIEBUSES

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 9:33 am    Post subject: RTS BOOK Reply with quote

I ORDERED MINE YESTERDAY WITH A DELIVERY DATE OF THE 15TH

THERE BETTER BE SOME SLANT BACKS........JK...I LOVE THEM ALL

WWW.RTS-REGIONALTRANSITSERVICE.COM
Q65A

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I received another e-mail from Amazon indicating that the new ship date is 4/7; good news indeed!
RTS_04

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm hearing that a handful of people are getting their Amazonian copies already. Good to hear, and hope you enjoy!

As for slant backs - I've got RTX, 01s and 03s in their slanted form (or as I see it, the way God and GM intended an RTS to look). Don't worry; you'll have your fastback fix...
The Port of Authority

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Received my copy today. Excellent book!
Q65A

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I received my copy today.
I've only leafed through it briefly, but I've seen lots of transportation books over the years, and I can tell that this is a very well-done work with lots of photos and lots of data tables.
Well done, RTS 04!!!
Cyberider

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got mine yesterday. Looks like it's going to be very interesting reading even though the RTS is newer than what I'm normally interested. At least they are derived from my favorite buses. Great job, Evan! How about doing one on Old Looks next?! Laughing
RTS_04

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cyberider wrote:
How about doing one on Old Looks next?! Laughing

Heh heh heh...

You're not the only one who wants such a book - and you're not the only one who's suggested that to me.

But as a 22-year old, it was hard enough collecting (or photographing) images of RTS' in service. A sign of the times - or the immanent demise of high-floors...

Considering I never saw an Old Look in revenue service (I've rode a few at MBS events), trying to secure photography for such a book would be a LOT of work - and a lot of money. So for now, I'll perhaps focus any further book work on modern buses - perhaps those whose manufacturers are in decent financial standing.

But glad to hear some positive reviews! Please feel free to tell me what you liked and any criticism about it too. I slaved over this thing for two years - so it's glad to hear some people are enjoying it.
kevlaf983

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got my copy yesterday. Excellent read and informative! Even some Canadian stuff mentioned too. Thanks Very Happy
caine824

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just got the book a few days ago.
I actually love it Laughing One of the things i noticed is the older RTS buses that Ulmer Park in brooklyn had(i think they had #PA1410).
I also didn't know that NYC Transit wasn't that interested in the RTS Sad but am not sure why the city never bought the updated version of the NOVABUS like in Dallas.
Mr. Transit

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Evan, just got my copy of your new book today. It's very informative and has a lot of great photos. I was wondering why you didn't make mention, or include the "Victoria" RTS model that has redesigned headlights and was basically a remanufactured bus built by Dupont Trolley Industries from Quebec, Canada? I know that only ten were built in the five years that Dupont built them. Nine were built for a few private transit agencies in Quebec and one for the St. John, NB transit agency.
RTS_04

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr. Transit wrote:
Evan, just got my copy of your new book today. It's very informative and has a lot of great photos. I was wondering why you didn't make mention, or include the "Victoria" RTS model that has redesigned headlights and was basically a remanufactured bus built by Dupont Trolley Industries from Quebec, Canada? I know that only ten were built in the five years that Dupont built them. Nine were built for a few private transit agencies in Quebec and one for the St. John, NB transit agency.

Mostly because, at the time, I couldn't obtain information from the manufacturer (you'll note it's long been off their website; their folks like to pretend it never existed - much like the Nova people in Quebec do about the RTS), nor did I have any photographs.

Besides - as you say - it mostly was just an 06 with revised headlamps. They cut down the dashboard and installed multiplexed electricals, but otherwise - from a design standpoint - it was nothing that Nova wasn't doing at the time.
Mr. Transit

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Evan for the info. There's two websites in Canada that have several photos of the "Victoria".
RTS_04

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr. Transit wrote:
Thanks Evan for the info. There's two websites in Canada that have several photos of the "Victoria".

There's also a huge difference between knowing a website that has images and knowing the person who runs that website will be willing to loan high-res or original print copies of said images for publication.

Publishing's a bear - I don't wish it on my worst enemies. Or do I?...
Q65A

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was in Grand Central last week, and after visiting the TM Annex I dropped into adjacent Posman's Books to check out their large selection of NYC-related titles.
In the NYC book section, I was pleased to see 4-5 copies of Evan's fine book in Posman's available for immediate sale.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> Exchange Place & Collector's Corner All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: