BusTalk Forum Index BusTalk
A Community Discussing Buses and Bus Operations Worldwide!

BusTalk MainBusTalk Main FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups BusTalk GalleriesBusTalk Galleries   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ABQ Ride

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> Surface Transit - Western United States
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DE60LF

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 2:44 pm    Post subject: ABQ Ride Neoplan retirement Reply with quote

Just today, a driver has told me that ABQ RIDE also intends on retiring the Neoplans. The Neoplans are reaching their 12 year mark this year, which is generally considered the normal service life for most transit buses today. Because of this, I guess ABQ RIDE can retire the Neoplans without any legal issues.

For the Thomases, since they are less than 12 years old, ABQ RIDE would have to get a special legal waiver to retire them.

The driver said that ABQ RIDE is looking to order more DE40LFRs from New Flyer in addition to the 58 that have already been delivered to replace the TMC RTS fleet. He stated that ABQ RIDE will not purchase any buses shorter than 40 feet anytime soon due to increased bus ridership. He also stated that eventually the entire transit fleet will operate out of the Daytona Transit Facility on the Albuquerque Westside, thus closing the Yale Transit Facility in southeastern Albuquerque. As always, I should take these rumors with a grain of salt.

Also, although I hardly ever mention it here, ABQ RIDE also operates one Chance CNG trolley. It is used for the Old Town Trolley during the summer for tourists. If ABQ RIDE does close the Yale Transit Facility, I wonder what will replace that trolley. Perhaps the Gillig Trolley Replica? Since the Daytona Transit Facility is not equipped with CNG, it continues to operate at the Yale Transit Facility along with the Neoplans and Thomases.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> Surface Transit - Western United States All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: