BusTalk Forum Index BusTalk
A Community Discussing Buses and Bus Operations Worldwide!

BusTalk MainBusTalk Main FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups BusTalk GalleriesBusTalk Galleries   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Today's Travels 3/9/08

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> Long Island & Westchester Buses
View previous topic :: View next topic  
libusdriver242

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 8:16 pm    Post subject: Today's Travels 3/9/08 Reply with quote

Had LI bus 416 on the N23 to Mineola and Manorhaven. Not a HUGE fan of the 400's, but overall a good running bus, clever device (stop announcements and such) was broken, so it wasn't loud, just a rattle trap, but what else is new?..... excellent driver (i knew the guy), and he told me that the actual MTA is going to take action starting this summer concerning LI bus. None of the drivers (including my uncle, and the N23 driver I know) really know what kind of buses are coming, or what route expansions will take place, but they are soon to come (SUMMER 08 )

P.S. Port Washington trains were out b/c of a tree down, so LI Bus had 352, 311, 446, 461 on the case

The other N23 the opposite ways was 396
Pineywoodsbus

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 400s can be abit slow to accellerate, one driver I know refers to it as a "granny gear". Laughing
But other than that they are more reliable, the worst buses are the Cummins-Allison buses, they're always loud and stalling out.
I'll have a 400 anyday over the 130-287 batch. The last Cummins buses delivered are the worst, 270-287, they were loud and unreliable from day 1. I remember seeing 282 breaking down in Flushing the week it was delivered.
The best buses with the Cummins engine is with the ZF-Ecomat, 100-130, much smoother and quieter. Some folks swear these buses make music...y'all know who you are.. Razz
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> Long Island & Westchester Buses All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: