BusTalk Forum Index BusTalk
A Community Discussing Buses and Bus Operations Worldwide!

BusTalk MainBusTalk Main FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups BusTalk GalleriesBusTalk Galleries   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Are You A Bus Driver?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> Member Introductions and Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Are You A Bus Driver?
Yes
24%
 24%  [ 6 ]
No
40%
 40%  [ 10 ]
New York City Transit
8%
 8%  [ 2 ]
MTA Bus
4%
 4%  [ 1 ]
Other Transit Company
8%
 8%  [ 2 ]
Other type of Job
16%
 16%  [ 4 ]
No I go to School
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 25

CAT218

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am also in Planning but have a CDL as I drove for Shuttle UM through college and did route timings at my former employer PRTC. Here at RTC of Southern Nevada though I'm not allowed to drive a bus off property.
The Don of All Buses

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I Started a Transit Line along with the business I run now. Its not doing so well. I'm a TaxiBus operator, and currently only have one taxibus, but its temporarily out of service. Its been outta service for about five months, so at the same time I'm kind of not. I also have problems with the other business I run. I realy love transit more than being a community service officer, so I'm shutting down the CSO business, and focusing on the Hennessey Line Transit System. Me, my brother, and a friend are getting Hennessey Transit asstablished.
Mr. Linsky
BusTalk's Offical Welcoming Committee

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Don,

You seem to be an industrious young fellow, and I think you'll eventually make it.

Life is a series of trials and errors and you're taking the bumps (that we all encountered along the line) pretty well.

If there's anything we can do in the moral support or advice departments , just ask.

Lots of luck.

Mr. Linsky - Green Bus Lines, Inc., Jamaica, NY
ProBus

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Operator TTC in Toronto Canada.ATU member 113 the largest in the ATU.In my 27th year Tranined Subway,R/T Train light Rapid,40 footers al kinds of models,Artic's Bus 65 footer,PCC streetcar single and multicar units,ALRC artic currant streetcar and the CLRV single unit steetcar ELF para tranist it Bus and Orion 11 para transit bus. recently tranied on Orion V111 hydro 40 footer.Have a strong interest in union and just love the industry and the kind of people in it! Very Happy
The Don of All Buses

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr. Linsky wrote:
The Don,

You seem to be an industrious young fellow, and I think you'll eventually make it.

Life is a series of trials and errors and you're taking the bumps (that we all encountered along the line) pretty well.

If there's anything we can do in the moral support or advice departments , just ask.

Lots of luck.

Mr. Linsky - Green Bus Lines, Inc., Jamaica, NY

Thankyou Mr. Linsky, I appreciate the help.
ralph kramden

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Pipe if it's not too late; I'm gonna through my hat in the mix! I am a bus driver for the University of Michigan Campus Bus System. I started driving a bus when I was just 18 years old and fresh out of High School. So it's been 28 years now. I also spent time at the Ann Arbor Transit Authority and the Toledo Area Regional Transit Authority. I am lucky, I was able to drive many of the new look coaches (GMC Flxible and AM General) I have never gotten to drive an old look. Would really LOVE to try out a Mack C47 or C49!!

I'll just have to keep dreaming!!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> Member Introductions and Announcements All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: