BusTalk Forum Index BusTalk
A Community Discussing Buses and Bus Operations Worldwide!

BusTalk MainBusTalk Main FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups BusTalk GalleriesBusTalk Galleries   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Rising prices for vintage toy buses

View previous topic :: View next topic  
NEW YORK OMNIBUS 2629

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2020 10:25 pm    Post subject: Rising prices for vintage toy buses Reply with quote

Fellows:

It would seem that,despite these highly uncertain times, that the prices for vintage toy buses have not dropped, no remained fairly stable.

I have seen prices on eBay for vintage tin buses that are now several times (at least) higher than what I paid for them not all that many years ago.

While I do have a large collection of vintage tin, die cast, and plastic toy buses, I have been wanting (for quite awhile now) to add pieces to my collection that I do not own at present.

As the prices continue to escalate, it seems less and less likely that I will ever be able to add these elusive buses to my collection.

Roughly, it has taken me close to 35 years (QUITE a long time!) to get my transit/transportation collection to where it is today.

Though I do find it a bit frustrating to not able to buy what I want, in many cases, I DO get quite elated, when Your's Truly is lucky enough to find an elusive, long-desired piece at a REASONABLE price! Very Happy

The thrill of the chase, I guess....... Wink

"NYO"
NEW YORK OMNIBUS 2629

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

......I have also noticed that the prices for vintage toy PLASTIC buses are also getting quite high (of course, you can still find a bargain or two out there, but the searching is going to be more time-consuming than it was only several years ago)

Too, I also have noticed that a number of eBay dealers are selling old toy buses at prices that are far beyond their realistic worth; like many dealers in old toy trains, they simply assume that, because a toy vehicle is old, it's going to command a high price.

Which, of course, hits a lot of "average" collector (such as Your's Truly) with a powerful "sucker punch" to the ol' wallet....... Sad

"NYO"

(with any antique/collectible toy, many collectors purchase such pieces as INVESTMENTS, looking only to make a hefty profit at some future date; IMHO, this s NOT what TRUE collecting is about....buy what you LIKE for the piece ITSELF, and the happy memories that come back!) Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> The Bus Modeler All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: