BusTalk Forum Index BusTalk
A Community Discussing Buses and Bus Operations Worldwide!

BusTalk MainBusTalk Main FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups BusTalk GalleriesBusTalk Galleries   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Valley Metro 1994/1996 D40LFs

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> Photographs, Bus Logs and Route Suggestion Ideas
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AZNABIman

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 1:35 am    Post subject: Valley Metro 1994/1996 D40LFs Reply with quote

Time is running out for Valley Metro's 1994 and 1996 New Flyer D40LFs. By the end of summer it's likely that they'll all be retired (replaced in the East Valley by New Flyer C40LFRs and in the West Valley by New Flyer L40LFRs). I thought I would take some photos as a tribute. Here are some of the highlights.

1994 D40LFs:
4021:
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

4005:
Photobucket

Photobucket

1996 D40LFs:
3718:
Photobucket

3720:
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

3712:
Photobucket
Cyberider

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for sharing the nice photos, AZNABIman, and a belated "Welcome Aboard." I won't be shedding a tear for these buses when they're gone but can't say their replacements are any better.
AZNABIman

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cyberider wrote:
Thanks for sharing the nice photos, AZNABIman, and a belated "Welcome Aboard." I won't be shedding a tear for these buses when they're gone but can't say their replacements are any better.

Well, several of these buses (as well as the RTSs) were replaced by D40LFs which (although 11-13 years newer) are almost identical inside and out. I will miss these buses as I had several memories riding on them in the summers of 2002, 2003, and 2004.
Cyberider

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZNABIman wrote:

Well, several of these buses (as well as the RTSs) were replaced by D40LFs which (although 11-13 years newer) are almost identical inside and out. I will miss these buses as I had several memories riding on them in the summers of 2002, 2003, and 2004.

Very understandable, AZNABIman. My memories go back a lot further so the last still-running buses I will hate to see go are the RTS's. I've ridden the Phoenix Old Looks, New Looks, "Ramblers," Flx New Looks, Grummans, and Manns. Don't think I can create any good memories of the current buses no matter how hard I try. Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> Photographs, Bus Logs and Route Suggestion Ideas All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: