BusTalk Forum Index BusTalk
A Community Discussing Buses and Bus Operations Worldwide!

BusTalk MainBusTalk Main FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups BusTalk GalleriesBusTalk Galleries   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Remember the 77 WABC bus placards?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

View previous topic :: View next topic  
W.B. Fishbowl

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That shows that M13 by then was assigned out of the new Hudson depot; I'm sure that if anyone with a camera saw M12's passing by Spring, Delancey or Prince there would've been a plethora of T6H-5309A's.
NEW YORK OMNIBUS 2629
BusTalk's Offical Welcoming Committee

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

W.B. Fishbowl wrote:
That shows that M13 by then was assigned out of the new Hudson depot; I'm sure that if anyone with a camera saw M12's passing by Spring, Delancey or Prince there would've been a plethora of T6H-5309A's.

W.B.:

.......ALL the more reason why someone should perfect AND market a safe, reliable, AND affordable time machine.......GOOD MILEAGE a HUGE plus....(!!) Wink

"NYO"

BTW: Is the "HUDSON" depot still in use today, or has it been since closed/replaced?
W.B. Fishbowl

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NEW YORK OMNIBUS 2629 wrote:
Is the "HUDSON" depot still in use today, or has it been since closed/replaced?

The building is still around, but it was closed as a depot in 2003. It was replaced by the ex-Greyhound depot on 11th Avenue between 40th and 41st Streets, originally designated 'Westside Depot' after being placed under MTA New York City Bus aegis - but now known as the Michael J. Quill Depot.
NEW YORK OMNIBUS 2629

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

W.B. Fishbowl wrote:

The building is still around, but it was closed as a depot in 2003. It was replaced by the ex-Greyhound depot on 11th Avenue between 40th and 41st Streets, originally designated 'Westside Depot' after being placed under MTA New York City Bus aegis - but now known as the Michael J. Quill Depot.

W.B:

Thanks....this is interesting to know; now, I have to ask this question.....since the "MJQ" depot is an ex-GREYHOUND facility, where in Manhattan does The Hound service its rubber-tired, diesel-gulpin' doggies these days?

Thanks again for the info.....

"NYO"
traildriver

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

W.B. Fishbowl wrote:

W.B:

Thanks....this is interesting to know; now, I have to ask this question.....since the "MJQ" depot is an ex-GREYHOUND facility, where in Manhattan does The Hound service its rubber-tired, diesel-gulpin' doggies these days?

Thanks again for the info.....

"NYO"

I have been abroad for quite some time now, but the last I recall, they fully service buses destined to NYC at their last service point prior to NYC (such as Richmond), and then just sweep and turn them in New York, as much as possible. They do have a storage lot on 11th Avenue between 29th and 30th Streets, and they have another Port Authority owned lot beneath the ramp to the UBL between 40th and 41st Streets, just east of Dyre Avenue. They do have the cabability of dumping the lavs there. washing windshields, etc...
They still employ several mechanics in NYC, that can do light running repairs.

One interesting tidbit about the Quill Depot....Greyhound still uses the two level driver dormitory under that facility. The MTA had no use for that space, so Greyhound leases it from them. They run a couple of vans to and from the Port to shuttle driver's back and forth...
NEW YORK OMNIBUS 2629

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

traildriver:

Hard to believe that the Mighty Hound no longer fully services its buses in the Big Apple........talk about "times a-changin'"....... Sad

It was interesting, however, to learn what I've just learned, thanks to you.....was particularly interesting about GREYHOUND using the two-level dormitory under the present MJQ depot.

I'm glad that, at least, they still have storage lots in Manhattan! Very Happy

"NYO"

Last edited by NEW YORK OMNIBUS 2629 on Mon Feb 24, 2020 10:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
NEW YORK OMNIBUS 2629

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2020 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just came across this 1972 photo, snapped at 5th Avenue & 60th St., taken in 1972, while checking out photos for another thread!

"SEVENTY-SEVVVEN! DOUBLEYA AAYYY BEEE SEEEEE!"

http://bus.nycsubway.org/perl/show?2990

(courtesy: bus.nycsubway.org)
W.B. Fishbowl

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2020 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just came across this 1972 photo, snapped at 5th Avenue & 60th St., taken in 1972, while checking out photos for another thread!

"SEVENTY-SEVVVEN! DOUBLEYA AAYYY BEEE SEEEEE!"

http://bus.nycsubway.org/perl/show?2990

(courtesy: bus.nycsubway.org)

And with an original 1963 front roll sign with an insert from later in the year (when 3301-3555 were first delivered, the 4 route was still at their interim depot/garage at Kingsbridge, before being reassigned back to 132nd Street on Sept. 29 of that year).
NEW YORK OMNIBUS 2629

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2020 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

W.B.:

I have now finally decided to give you the much-deserved (certified) title of "GRS":

"Great Rollsign Sleuth"! Very Happy

Man, you really blow me away with your in-depth knowledge of rollsigns and their many variations through the years.

Too bad that the MTA no longer uses rollsigns (cloth OR mylar!)....I'm willing to wager you'd be a top honcho in bus operations, regarding signage......(!!) Wink

"NYO"
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> New York City Buses All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: