BusTalk Forum Index BusTalk
A Community Discussing Buses and Bus Operations Worldwide!

BusTalk MainBusTalk Main FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups BusTalk GalleriesBusTalk Galleries   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Where IS everybody??

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> Member Feedback & Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NEW YORK OMNIBUS 2629
BusTalk's Offical Welcoming Committee

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 10:44 pm    Post subject: Where IS everybody?? Reply with quote

Fellows:

It (sadly) seems to me that their is less and less activity Bus Talk as the weeks pass by.

It seems that virtually everyone here has simply either bailed out or evaporated into thin air.

BusChat (part of the SubChat forum) without a doubt, sees much more activity than here at Bus Talk.

Granted, the board lost a true dynamic force when our illustrious friend and encyclopedic bus expert Mr. Linksy (RIP, my friend) passed on several years back, but, even given that, the last few months or so on the board has really revealed a tremendous slowdown in activity.

Personally, I would HATE to see this great board be taken down; I have learned so much of tremendous value from the experts from New York, whose knowledge far, far surpasses my own.

Just the historic bus photos shared here alone make this board a VALUABLE asset.

I have come to greatly regard the men here on the board, and have not only greatly enjoyed communicating with them on any of a number of bus topics, but also, have gotten to know several fine individuals here as well.

Again, it would truly be sad to see this great board vanish forever into cyber space; in closing, I sure hope we can give the board a true "shot in the arm" and to bring back the activity (and fun!) that we have enjoyed here for many years.

Thanks for reading this.......

"NYO"
traildriver

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Part of this I believe is a general decline in interest in the industry, not helped by the decline of some of the pioneer companies...
I am currently on a world cruise, so only check in occasionally, until I return in mid July....
NEW YORK OMNIBUS 2629
BusTalk's Offical Welcoming Committee

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

traildriver wrote:
Part of this I believe is a general decline in interest in the industry, not helped by the decline of some of the pioneer companies...
I am currently on a world cruise, so only check in occasionally, until I return in mid July....

traildriver:

Sure hope you have some cool pictures to share with us upon your return! Wink

You are correct about the decline (and elimination) of a number of long-established companies; the bus industry (like the rail industry) has become so "homogenized" over the past few decades that it is getting harder and harder to try to find hints of the tremendous variety we all took for granted, back the day. Sad

Let's hope at least interest in the Forum will "perk up" soon........ Very Happy

"NYO"

PS: Enjoy your cruise! Very Happy
N4 Jamaica

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2021 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What happened with New York Omnibus 2629? Is his internet down?
Best wishes to all the other majors on this website.
Joe McMahon
cjmcmann(at)msn.com
traildriver

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2021 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

N4 Jamaica wrote:
What happened with New York Omnibus 2629? Is his internet down?
Best wishes to all the other majors on this website.
Joe McMahon
cjmcmann(at)msn.com

That's a good question....
I sent him a message a couple of days ago, but have not received a response. I hope all is well, as he kept this board going, and is really missed...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> Member Feedback & Help All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: