BusTalk Forum Index BusTalk
A Community Discussing Buses and Bus Operations Worldwide!

BusTalk MainBusTalk Main FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups BusTalk GalleriesBusTalk Galleries   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Avenue B and east Broadway Flxible
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> Transit Bus Manufacturers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MaBSTOA 15

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A Flxible Flxette, serial number B65-2574-1

IMG_3485 (2).JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  119.67 KB
 Viewed:  17116 Time(s)

IMG_3485 (2).JPG

traildriver

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for posting that...I thought there was a 'baby' Flex....
I wonder if Flxible built that in house, or perhaps just their body on a commercial chassis from one of the automotive builder's?
roymanning2000

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 4:43 pm    Post subject: Avenue B and east Broadway Flxible Reply with quote

I believe the Flxettes were built at the Flxible-Southern plant in Evergreen, AL. The chassis was based on a delivery truck originally developed by Southern Coach Manufacturing. Flxible acquired Southern in the early 60's. In addition to the Flxettes, Flxible also continued to market the delivery truck but under the Flxible name.

Roy
roymanning2000

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 4:56 pm    Post subject: Avenue B and east Broadway Flxible Reply with quote

I've been away from this site for awhile and just discovered MaBSTOA 15's October posts confirming the length of the Avenue B Flxibles. Thanks very much for posting that.

Roy
frankie

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 11:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Avenue B and east Broadway Flxible Reply with quote

roymanning2000 wrote:
I believe the Flxettes were built at the Flxible-Southern plant in Evergreen, AL. The chassis was based on a delivery truck originally developed by Southern Coach Manufacturing.

Roy

Roy is right that the Flxettes were all products from Evergreen, AL. They were built from 1965 to 1973. Earlier production had slanted side windows like their big brothers, but later production were changed to rectangular side windows.

The chassis used were all Ford. Three engine options were available: Ford 6 (300 cubic inch), Ford V8 (390 cubic inch), Dodge V8 (440 cubic inch).

Frankie

Flxette.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  111.44 KB
 Viewed:  16971 Time(s)

Flxette.jpg

ripta42
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaBSTOA 15 wrote:
Speaking of preserving an Avenue B here is a perfect example rusting away somewhere in Pennsylvania.
It is a Mack C-45, number 414, ex-Bee Line

That was at Trolley Valhalla in Jobstown, New Jersey. I believe the remnants there have since been scrapped.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> Transit Bus Manufacturers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: