BusTalk Forum Index BusTalk
A Community Discussing Buses and Bus Operations Worldwide!

BusTalk MainBusTalk Main FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups BusTalk GalleriesBusTalk Galleries   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Mr. Alan Linsky 1938-2017
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> Member Introductions and Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RailBus63

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

R.I.P. Mr. Linsky. Very thankful that he shared so many of his memories with us. Very sad loss for the busfan community. His family and friends are in my thoughts.

Jim
traildriver

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr. Linsky was indeed the heart and soul of this board.
He was a true gentleman, that loved to share his vast wealth of knowledge with other's. And he was always humble about his knowledge, and readily thanked other's for whatever contribution they happened to make.

My thought's go out to his family. May he rest in peace, and he will
live forever, in our hearts....
frankie

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

(minute of silence)....RIP my friend.
Cyberider

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am saddened to learn of Mr. Linsky's passing. He was so generous sharing his knowledge and experiences and was responsible for keeping a number of bus-related forums full of interesting topics. When his wife died a few years back, we had a number of conversations, being an experienced widower myself. He has been sorely missed since he became ill and ceased posting. May he rest in peace and be enjoying the company of his dear wife and our other fellow departed bus enthusiasts.
Robert Carroll

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 2:48 pm    Post subject: Mr. Linsky Reply with quote

Mr.Linsky,may the good Lord hold him in the palm of His hand An old Irish prayer..RIP..I propose that the board initiate some appropriate salute for all the efforts he made to BT.the industry and GBL...Bob We may never see the like of again.
Hart Bus

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 4:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Mr. Linsky Reply with quote

Robert Carroll wrote:
Mr.Linsky,may the good Lord hold him in the palm of His hand An old Irish prayer..RIP..I propose that the board initiate some appropriate salute for all the efforts he made to BT.the industry and GBL...Bob We may never see the like of again.

RC: Great minds think alike. As one of the members who aided GBL Rebel track down Mr. L, I suggested that idea in a PM. He will do something but hasn't figured out how do it yet. It will come. Give him a little time.
NEW YORK OMNIBUS 2629
BusTalk's Offical Welcoming Committee

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fellows:

I just found out about the passing of our good friend and bus mentor "Mr. L." a few minutes ago, from the BusChat board; to say I am both shocked and saddened is truly an understatement.

He had not posted here in many, many months, and, as of late, found myself thinking quite a bit about him; his knowledge of buses and bus history was light years beyond encyclopedic........through him, I even learned many interesting tidbits and trivia about many of the New Jersey buses and bus companies I knew so well, growing up in the 60's.

I could always count on him to respond to a thread I started with great enthusiasm and congeniality, and, of course, found myself learning a great deal via his valuable input.

Though I did not know him personally, I truly feel that I have lost a good and valued friend....may our illustrious and always congenial "Mr. L" find himself again behind the wheel of a GREEN LINES Old Look, with the destination sign reading: "PARADISE EXPRESS"!

My sincerest sympathies to his family and friends....man, this has really hit me hard.......a finer "Lord High Elder Statesman" will never, can never, be found........

"NYO"

Last edited by NEW YORK OMNIBUS 2629 on Mon Feb 13, 2017 6:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
NEW YORK OMNIBUS 2629

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fellows:

I dedicate these vintage GREEN LINE photos to the memory of our tremendous friend and mentor, "Mr. L".......

http://bus.nycsubway.org/perl/show?447

http://bus.nycsubway.org/perl/show?478

http://bus.nycsubway.org/perl/show?4248

http://bus.nycsubway.org/perl/show?4249

(courtesy: bus.nycsubway.org)
frankie

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a wonderful read from the great Mr. L - poignantly written in a style that's truly Mr. L.

http://www.oldkewgardens.com/ps99-006.html
NEW YORK OMNIBUS 2629

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are a couple of more classic "GREEN BUS" shots in honor of "Mr. L's" memory......the loss of such a fine and respected gentleman can indeed be felt quite deeply....

"NYO"

http://bus.nycsubway.org/perl/show?422

http://bus.nycsubway.org/perl/show?426

(courtesy: bus.nycsubway.org)
GBL Rebel

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sent a link for this thread to Mr. Linsky's family. I received a message after seeing the forum, "I am in awe of the love and kindness of the forums unbelievable respect for Alan".
NEW YORK OMNIBUS 2629

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GBL Rebel wrote:
I sent a link for this thread to Mr. Linsky's family. I received a message after seeing the forum, "I am in awe of the love and kindness of the forums unbelievable respect for Alan".

Thank you for sending a link to this thread to Mr. "L's" family: I am certain that they indeed felt honored to know just how highly respected and admired he was on this board.

Sadly, no one ever can fill the tremendous void Alan left when he passed on.....how honored we all are to have known him as well as we did here on the board, after so many wonderful (and most informative) years......

"NYO"
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> Member Introductions and Announcements All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: