BusTalk Forum Index BusTalk
A Community Discussing Buses and Bus Operations Worldwide!

BusTalk MainBusTalk Main FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups BusTalk GalleriesBusTalk Galleries   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Ideas To Honor Mr. Linsky's Work

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> Member Introductions and Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GBL Rebel

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 2:30 pm    Post subject: Ideas To Honor Mr. Linsky's Work Reply with quote

I have an idea but I believe everybody's idea should be heard. Post your suggestions or PM me.

I think 2 weeks should give enough time but subject to extension.

I am posting this as an announcement to keep it on the top of the page for now.

Last edited by GBL Rebel on Sun Feb 26, 2017 9:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
frankie

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think all we need to do is look through all the bus related forums and re-read the posts contributed by Mr. L. This alone speaks volumes of Mr. L's vast knowledge. For us old timers and seasoned bus enthusiasts, it's always a refreshing reminder of what we learned from him and for those new to the forum, a vast source of endless information. Reading his posts is literally tapping his brain. What could be more honorable than that? I highly recommend it. It never grows old!

Most of us never met Mr. L including myself. He would have been a wonderful addition to anyone's bucket list to have spent even a minute with him. I'm wondering if anyone has a photo of Mr. L to share with us?

Frankie
Hart Bus

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As mentioned previously I was fortunate to meet Mr. L several times. He treated my wife and I to lunch at Neiman-Marcus when we went several years ago to California.

My wife took a picture of Mr. L and I at the back door of N-M by the garage and his Delta 88 that had NY plates.

Right now I can't find the picture otherwise I would try to post it. Being a CPA I will need your indulgence until mid-May to look for it.

The only other thought I have about the picture is that I MAY have posted here under the title of "East meets West"
frankie

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hart Bus wrote:
Right now I can't find the picture otherwise I would try to post it. Being a CPA I will need your indulgence until mid-May to look for it.

The only other thought I have about the picture is that I MAY have posted here under the title of "East meets West"

I found it!

http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa193/MISTERLINSKY/EASTMEETSWEST2.jpg
Hart Bus

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frankie:

Thank you for saving me a lot of time rummaging through my stuff. You asked if anyone had a picture of Mr. L. You found it and I would be honored if it is used as part of the honoring of our guru.

Alan a/k/a Hart Bus
frankie

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alan, I hope you don't me cropping your photo to include the image of Mr. L here to all to see. For those of us who never met Mr. L, hopefully we will in our next life.

Frankie

Mr L.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  15.07 KB
 Viewed:  30479 Time(s)

Mr L.JPG

Hart Bus

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

frankie wrote:
Alan, I hope you don't me cropping your photo to include the image of Mr. L here to all to see. For those of us who never met Mr. L, hopefully we will in our next life.

Frankie

Of course not, after all this section is about our guru, not me.
GBL Rebel

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

frankie wrote:
I think all we need to do is look through all the bus related forums and re-read the posts contributed by Mr. L. This alone speaks volumes of Mr. L's vast knowledge. For us old timers and seasoned bus enthusiasts, it's always a refreshing reminder of what we learned from him and for those new to the forum, a vast source of endless information. Reading his posts is literally tapping his brain. What could be more honorable than that? I highly recommend it. It never grows old!
Frankie

IF it can be done as I am not totally sure how- What about all of Mr. Linsky's essays in one thread?
Hart Bus

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That might be a loooooonnnnngggg thread, but I won't mind going through it.
GBL Rebel

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hart Bus wrote:
That might be a loooooonnnnngggg thread, but I won't mind going through it.

5071 post to go through and then copy the essays. Should only take about 30 minutes! Cool
frankie

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GBL Rebel wrote:
5071 post to go through and then copy the essays. Should only take about 30 minutes! Cool

Okay, we're depending on you. We'll check back in 31 minutes!
GBL Rebel

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

frankie wrote:
GBL Rebel wrote:

Okay, we're depending on you. We'll check back in 31 minutes!

I think you mixed up one of my favorite movie lines. From Leslie Neilson's character in the movie Airplane!, "good luck, we're all counting on you". Told this to a guy at work once, I made him wait 3 days before I told him what it meant. I couldn't take him following me anymore and asking what does that mean.
Q65A

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never met Mr. L in person, so thanks much to Frankie for that photo. Having read his posts these years, it might sound strange, but that picture fits the "mental picture" I had of Mr. L. He reminds me of a favorite uncle or neighbor or someone you might see in a local shop, having coffee...
frankie

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Q65A wrote:
I never met Mr. L in person, so thanks much to Frankie for that photo. Having read his posts these years, it might sound strange, but that picture fits the "mental picture" I had of Mr. L. He reminds me of a favorite uncle or neighbor or someone you might see in a local shop, having coffee...

Well said! That was about the same mental image I've had of him. If I had to rewrite my bucket list, I would have put Mr. L up at the top of whom I would love to have spent time with. And for those who had, you were blessed!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> Member Introductions and Announcements All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: