BusTalk Forum Index BusTalk
A Community Discussing Buses and Bus Operations Worldwide!

BusTalk MainBusTalk Main FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups BusTalk GalleriesBusTalk Galleries   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Fageol/Twin Coach In-House Engines

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> General Bus Forum - All Bus Topics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bud Tierney

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 3:13 pm    Post subject: Fageol/Twin Coach In-House Engines Reply with quote

Absolute bus newcomer here---the sale of a couple alleged Fageol engines was noted on another forum, and in trying to identify them and find any other installations in my old parts catalogs became entangled in trying to ID the Fageol in-house engine line...
I'm assuming the Fageols were all inlines, that any pancakes (flat, hor-opp) Fageol used were H-Ss...
The Fageol website, under their "engines", has brochures online for their
FTC180 404CID 41/4x43/4 (180/2800)
FTC200 451 CID 43/8x5
FTC210 477CID 41/2x5, the 180/200/210 being HP ratings, these three under an "FGE" heading there, with another Butane/Propane brochure, same engines designated "FP'...
Another brochure describes the 41/4x43/4 Marine versions as FMs, wound up to 200/3200 and 225/3400..
Finally are two Leyland-Fageol diesels:
FLDVH 600=59 7CID
FLVD/H 680=677 CID...so far, so good
In my catalog listings, admittedly weak on Bus coverage, under Fageol, Flxible and Twin Coach I find FTC and TC engine listings as
FTC180, 195 (tweaked 180??) 200, 201 (listed as the 41/2x5) 210, 404 (the 41/4x43/4 described by CID??) 451 (the 43/8x5 desc by CID??) and 477 (the 41/2x5 desc by CID??)...
There's also a Fageol FG 600 (the Leyland-Fageul 600???)...
TC 404 (the 41/4x43/4 in a Twin Coach version/modification??)
TC558...this one doesn't seem to match anything. One of the HS pancakes??
Any comments/suggestions appreciated (except to go get a life!) as to whether the above suppositions correct, more engines exict, or places to try; I'm reluctant to bug Fageol with what, to them, would be stupid questions...Many Thxx!! Bud T
GBL Rebel

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 7:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Fageol/Twin Coach In-House Engines Reply with quote

Welcome to BusTalk.info.

I know absolutely nothing about Fageol/Twin Coach engines. Sorry I can not help you, I think we may have a few people who can.

Bud Tierney wrote:

Any comments/suggestions appreciated (except to go get a life!).... Bud T

That will not happen here, no need to worry about that.
Bud Tierney

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2016 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for welcome---just a little gallows humor. I live mostly on smokstak; try to keep up with ATHS, justoldtrucks, oldihc, a few economic sites, etc. Have never found anything but helpful or sympathetic people in any of these forums, depending on the question.
(Sigh)--From pre-www difficulty in finding information, tp present crushing overload of info, like Isaac Asimov, I'm panting, but just can't keep up...
Bus & Car

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your info on the FTC engines is correct. It would be a lot easier to read if you wrote your fractions differently, such as 4 1/4 X 4 3/4 instead of 41/4x43/4 or even used decimal fractions like 4.25 X 4.75.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> General Bus Forum - All Bus Topics All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: