BusTalk Forum Index BusTalk
A Community Discussing Buses and Bus Operations Worldwide!

BusTalk MainBusTalk Main FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups BusTalk GalleriesBusTalk Galleries   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

NYCTA "Batwing" Fishbowls
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MaBSTOA 15

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaBSTOA had only one Flxible fishbowl with bat-wings, 7753. However, many Flxible fishbowls had an advertising card rack mounted on the A/C condenser.

MaBSTOA had only one, and not several, 870s with bat-wings and that was number 631.
NEW YORK OMNIBUS 2629
BusTalk's Offical Welcoming Committee

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaBSTOA 15 wrote:
MaBSTOA had only one Flxible fishbowl with bat-wings, 7753. However, many Flxible fishbowls had an advertising card rack mounted on the A/C condenser.

MaBSTOA had only one, and not several, 870s with bat-wings and that was number 631.

In "NEW YORK CITY TRANSIT BUSES" (Guy E. Martin) there are three photos of MABSTOA Fishbowls with batwings.

One photo shows TDH-5303 #8325 when brand new, and before advertisements were displayed on the batwings.

Another photo shows in service #6830, operating on the M-5; the third photo has #8683 on the M-4, at the Cloisters.......

"NYO"
MaBSTOA 15

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a bit confused by your post.

My post only refers to the MaBSTOA Flxible fishbowl and the one and only Grumman 870 with bat wings.

MaBSTOA and NYCTA had the largest batwing fleet in the country, all GM fishbowls.
NEW YORK OMNIBUS 2629
BusTalk's Offical Welcoming Committee

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaBSTOA 15 wrote:
I'm a bit confused by your post.

My post only refers to the MaBSTOA Flxible fishbowl and the one and only Grumman 870 with bat wings.

MaBSTOA and NYCTA had the largest batwing fleet in the country, all GM fishbowls.

I was only referring to the batwing equipped-GM Fishbowls that MABSTOA rostered, as per the text in the aforementioned book.

Your post enlightened me greatly, as I did not know of any MABSTOA Flex New Look/Fishbowl equipped with batwings......

"NYO"
B53RICH

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As mentioned by MaBSTOA 15, here is a photo of 7753 with batwings and the
ad rack mounted on the rear AC unit. This bus had the most exterior ad panels. These series of buses also had illuminated interior ad panels.

This photo is displayed on Bustalk.info Galleries

MaBSTOA #7753 working route M102 on Lexington Avenue in June, 1982. Photographer unknown.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> New York City Buses All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: