BusTalk Forum Index BusTalk
A Community Discussing Buses and Bus Operations Worldwide!

BusTalk MainBusTalk Main FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups BusTalk GalleriesBusTalk Galleries   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Jerry Cooper Has Passed Away

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> General Bus Forum - All Bus Topics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GBL Rebel

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 11:41 am    Post subject: Jerry Cooper Has Passed Away Reply with quote

COOPER--Jerome. It is with a heavy heart that we say farewell to our family patriarch at 86 years of age, Jerome Cooper. He has provided for us a heritage filled with love, respect and great honor being a role model to his children Karen, Paul, and Jonathan; their spouses Barry, Barbara, and Karen; eight golden grandchildren, Rachel, Danny and Amy; Brett, Perri and Bradley; Beth and Sam. His wife, Iylene standing firm at his side will always remember his love for Ohio State University and the many friends he always carried within his heart. He loved arguing cases in the courtroom and his presidency at Green Triboro and Jamaica Buses. Protecting his many employees was always a priority. Various ailments eventually led to the loss of playing golf, but he filled his time reading hundreds of historical volumes. We will miss his great sense of humor, his mind that was so on target and of course, his handsome baby blue eyes. He will be laid to rest in the Cooper Family Circle Plot in New Jersey, but he'll never be far from the hundreds who love him. Services Friday at 9:30am at Temple Israel of Lawrence; 140 Central Avenue, Lawrence, NY 11559.

Published in The New York Times on May 21, 2015
Hart Bus

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sad, but that's the evolution of life. Our beloved Mr. L always wrote highly of him.

Wonder how Mr. L is doing and has he been made aware of Mr. Cooper's passing?
Q65A

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

May Mr. Cooper rest in peace.
GBL Rebel

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The few times I spoke to Mr.Cooper he was always sociable. The one I will never forget was at the union Christmas party. I was there and had my son with me. Mr. Cooper comes over and wished us Happy Holidays and shook my hand. He then bends down to my son and shook his hand. He stood up, reached into his pocket and pulls out some money and hand my son a five note. My son thanked him, I thanked him and he smiled. Never seen him again, then the MTA Bus Co. takeover happened and there went everybody.

Rest In Peace Mr. Cooper. My sympathy to the family.

Hart Bus wrote:

Wonder how Mr. L is doing and has he been made aware of Mr. Cooper's passing?

Unknown to both. I am sure I would have heard, god forbid anything.
Hart Bus

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2015 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess that in Mr. L's case, "no news is good news"
Steve Carras

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 9:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Jerry Cooper Has Passed Away Reply with quote

GBL Rebel wrote:
COOPER--Jerome. It is with a heavy heart that we say farewell to our family patriarch at 86 years of age, Jerome Cooper. He has provided for us a heritage filled with love, respect and great honor being a role model to his children Karen, Paul, and Jonathan; their spouses Barry, Barbara, and Karen; eight golden grandchildren, Rachel, Danny and Amy; Brett, Perri and Bradley; Beth and Sam. His wife, Iylene standing firm at his side will always remember his love for Ohio State University and the many friends he always carried within his heart. He loved arguing cases in the courtroom and his presidency at Green Triboro and Jamaica Buses. Protecting his many employees was always a priority. Various ailments eventually led to the loss of playing golf, but he filled his time reading hundreds of historical volumes. We will miss his great sense of humor, his mind that was so on target and of course, his handsome baby blue eyes. He will be laid to rest in the Cooper Family Circle Plot in New Jersey, but he'll never be far from the hundreds who love him. Services Friday at 9:30am at Temple Israel of Lawrence; 140 Central Avenue, Lawrence, NY 11559.

Published in The New York Times on May 21, 2015

Rest In Peace,m Mr.Cooper..,..much condolence for your loss.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> General Bus Forum - All Bus Topics All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: