BusTalk Forum Index BusTalk
A Community Discussing Buses and Bus Operations Worldwide!

BusTalk MainBusTalk Main FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups BusTalk GalleriesBusTalk Galleries   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Steinway Transit 1976 Express Schedules

View previous topic :: View next topic  
X-Astorian

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 12:00 am    Post subject: Steinway Transit 1976 Express Schedules Reply with quote

I know some of you may have seen this on another board but for those that didn't I post it here as well. The oldest Steinway Transit Express schedules I have are dated 1/2/76 and included separate lists of stops. The handouts at the time were extremely poor quality. Although you can't tell on this post, the schedule portion was 6" x 6" while the stops list was 8.5" x 7.5." A few years later Steinway (and Queens Transit) much improved on what they provided and I'll post those soon.

photo Steinway-GO-WP-76.jpg
 photo Steinway-GO-WP stops.jpg

photo Steinway-FM-76.jpg
 photo Steinway-FM-stops.jpg
X-Astorian

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 7:38 pm    Post subject: Steinway Transit Express TTs - 1983 Reply with quote

Less than eight years after printing the poor quality information that we previously saw, in November 1983 Steinway Transit got professional and provided a four-color map showing stops (really a diagram - geography is only suggested), timetables and fare information in one handy folder.

photo Steinway Exp map.jpg

photo Steinway Exp-83-2.jpg

photo Steinway Exp-83-3.jpg
traildriver

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting....surprised that Steinway rather than Queens Transit ran those routes, when you consider that Queens Transit territory was closer to that area in general...

I was living away from New York in that era, so my knowledge is poor in that regard....
X-Astorian

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 6:24 pm    Post subject: Queens Transit Express TTs - 1983 Reply with quote

photo Queens Exp-83-1.jpg

photo Queens Exp-83-2.jpg

photo Queens Exp-83-3.jpg
traildriver

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh...they divvyed up the runs between the two...interesting. Thanks for posting. When did they assign the 'QM-' route numbers to those routes?
X-Astorian

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2016 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I missed this one with the last post.

photo Queens Exp-83-5.jpg
X-Astorian

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 5:24 pm    Post subject: Queens Surface Corp. express routes - 1990 Reply with quote

From 1983 we’ll roll past the 1986 merger of Queens/Steinway Transit, the 1988 sale to Linden Bus which quickly became Queens Surface Corp., which soon got permission to drop the QM-3 and Wall Street runs that Caravan Bus picked up and later returned in early 1990.

The c. 1990 map below is a combination of the earlier Steinway and Queens Transit ones and still omits route numbers while the separate September 1990 timetable includes them.

photo QSC Exp map 1990.jpg

photo QSC-90-1.jpg

photo QSC-90-2.jpg

photo QSC-90-3.jpg

photo QSC-90-4.jpg

photo QSC-90-5.jpg
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> New York City Buses All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: