BusTalk Forum Index BusTalk
A Community Discussing Buses and Bus Operations Worldwide!

BusTalk MainBusTalk Main FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups BusTalk GalleriesBusTalk Galleries   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Welcome aboard!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> Announcements & Information
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ripta42
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 3:19 pm    Post subject: Welcome aboard! Reply with quote

BusTalk is back... sort of.

I decided to create BusTalk III as a replacement for the BusTalk.net forum, essentially plagiarizing its format. I'll be making some modifications here and there; for example, there is now a Bus Transportation Planning forum. I'm hoping to eventually recreate the Members' Galleries as well, in some form or another.

I don't mean to detract from other existing message boards such as BusChat, but without the focus on the bus industry and the convenient organization of topics, I didn't feel they were viable replacements for BusTalk.net. They are certainly vital companions in our community, and I hope all the former BusTalk members that have since joined other boards will continue to contribute to those boards as well.

I realize that this isn't a perfect replacement. Unfortunately, I can't provide an employees-only forum, because as a non-employee, I wouldn't feel right having access to it. I also can't provide one millionth of the insight or information Brooklyn67 did. Perhaps another employee can take that role.

I'm doing this on a trial basis, and I have no guarantee I'll keep it up. I don't have any experience in forum moderation, nor much free time to contribute to this project, so I'll primarily be handling the technical aspects of the board only. I also have no idea what it's going to do to my server space and bandwidth, and I don't have tons of cash to allocate to this. But hey, it's worth a shot.

Also, be forewarned that my BS tolerance is about the same as Brooklyn67's; immature or inane posts and posters will not be tolerated. Please refrain from the following:

Profanity
Leet Speak
Needless abbreviations (e.g., "r u a orion fan?")
Typing in ALL CAPS
Flaming and personal attacks
Political debate not pertaining to transit issues
Advertising, except as appropriate in Exchange Place and The Bus Trader
Discussion of BusTalk.net and its administration

I'd like to keep the same professional atmosphere that BusTalk.net had. I don't plan on IP-banning anyone or prohibiting lurking, but any members who blatantly disregard the above policies will be deleted. The board administration reserves the right to delete and/or ban any member for any reason or no reason. These policies are subject to change at any time, with or without notice.

Step aboard, pay your fare, and please stand behind the white line...

Last edited by ripta42 on Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:31 am; edited 11 times in total
DNJ

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 5:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Welcome aboard! Reply with quote

It good to see Bustalk #3 again, I used to work for NYCT for 5 years before i move to Lakeland, Florida back in 2005 and i am Mears Motor Coach Driver in Orlando,Florida i work under contract with Walt Disney World tranport passergers from Hotels to Parks than back to Hotels.

I sure miss NYC Buses & Subway.

DNJ
Very Happy
TCC Senior Man

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ripta, good luck with this new site. I look forward to making contributions from this day forward and hopefully will get to see as many former BTN Members as possible.
blazer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ripta, I also wanted to wish you luck with the site. Hopefully, all goes well.
KCRam3500

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Best of luck with this - glad to be here!
Pipe

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ripta42. Good luck whit Bus Talk III. Am glad to see that alot of members from "BK'S" Bus Talk are joining you Bus Talk III. It looks like we all found a NEW HOME. "Pipe"
mtazeregadisp

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to be back! Good Luck, this is a great tool and I hope alot of us from the old website can rejoin and create a bigger and better(if thats possible) BK did a great job hopefully we can use his inspiration and learn from the dumb mistakes and create a powerful tool as a voice for us! Razz
RailBus63

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for setting this up. Nothing against the webmasters of other sites, but I couldn't get used to BusChat's one-post-at-a-time format or the immaturity found on too many transit boards. Hopefully we can all behave ourselves here, now that we've been through life without Bus Talk.

Jim
Bill D

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for setting this site up. I feel like we've been refugees lost in the wilderness since Bus Talk shut down, wandering the internet in search of a home. And while I appreciate being welcome into the other boards available, in one way it seemed like we were invaders, and our "family" does need a place to call its own.
Waynejay

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the effort. Good luck with the boards and hopefully we can have something close to our BTN-type family environment.
Future FLA B/O

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for putting up Bustalk 3, also good luck on running the website. Lets continue to have the comprehensive information from the experts that are currently working in NYC transit and other bus agencies, and make it a fun & friendly website.

Be good
Future FLA B/O...... Very Happy
ripta42
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the kind words. I'm placing this thread at the top of the forum to serve as the Terms of Service. There's no need for any more thanks; I know you're all appreciative.

Now, let's get back to bus-ness Very Happy
TheDriver

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what is Leet speak?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> Announcements & Information All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: