BusTalk Forum Index BusTalk
A Community Discussing Buses and Bus Operations Worldwide!

BusTalk MainBusTalk Main FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups BusTalk GalleriesBusTalk Galleries   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Why cant I be treated as nice on the bus as I am in the air

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> General Transportation - All Other Modes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
steamtrain6868

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 11:59 am    Post subject: Why cant I be treated as nice on the bus as I am in the air Reply with quote

Airline agents and attendants say please and thank you and generally kiss your ass to go overboard to give you good customer service. Greyhound used to handle your bags and agents would help you get on the last bus at the last minute. Drivers were talkative and friendly. Now bags are thrown into the mud at stations you have to handle your own bags and agents are anything but sales oriented.( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68dTwJNvE1E) When I have asked agents at the bus station why I don't get the same level of service that I get at the airport the standard reply is that "We serve a lower class of passenger". Then if that really is the case I assume that middle class bus riders who had the option of"leaving the driving to us" have left the building years ago.
timecruncher

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They absolutely did. Some have simply switched to Southwest Airlines (an outfit that wrote the book on good customer service before, during, after travel), others have dabbled with Megabus (mixed results there), and the rest are simply driving or not traveling at all.

Greyhound around here in Louisville is absolutely a ghetto operation. Their staff and drivers are about as unprofessional as can be in my recent experience.

It is what it is.

timecruncher
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> General Transportation - All Other Modes All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: