BusTalk Forum Index BusTalk
A Community Discussing Buses and Bus Operations Worldwide!

BusTalk MainBusTalk Main FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups BusTalk GalleriesBusTalk Galleries   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

S92 to Greenport/Orient Point routing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> Long Island & Westchester Buses
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The TransitMan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 3:37 pm    Post subject: S92 to Greenport/Orient Point routing Reply with quote

Hello,

I'm just curious as to what the exact routing for the S92 going through Greenport and heading towards Orient Point. I ask because I didn't see any bus stops along NY 25 (along Main Rd NORTH of Front St). Also, the S92 heading back towards East Hampton.

Oh and what's the turn-a-round for S92 ending at Greenport going back to East Hampton?

Again, just curious...that's all. Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Ray
N4 Jamaica

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ray,
The sct-bus.org website has a schedule of S92 with a map on the schedule. It shows the S92 following NY 25 through Greenport. whether it is called Main Road or Front Street. I was out to Montauk two weeks ago, and I vaguely recall some bus stops marked only with a "No Parking Bus Stop" sign, red letters on white background.
Joe
The TransitMan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

N4 Jamaica wrote:
Ray,
The sct-bus.org website has a schedule of S92 with a map on the schedule. It shows the S92 following NY 25 through Greenport. whether it is called Main Road or Front Street. I was out to Montauk two weeks ago, and I vaguely recall some bus stops marked only with a "No Parking Bus Stop" sign, red letters on white background.
Joe

It doesn't travel along Main Rd along Greenport. It travels along Front St going into the village but it does not go NORTH on NYS 25 East. Although the map says it does...it' doesn't. Thanks for your help!
S-60 To Smith Haven Mall

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 6:52 am    Post subject: Re: S92 to Greenport/Orient Point routing Reply with quote

The TransitMan wrote:
Hello,

Oh and what's the turn-a-round for S92 ending at Greenport going back to East Hampton?

Again, just curious...that's all. Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Ray

My guess would be that they use some set of roads like a Left on one street, Left on another and then a left on a third that will get them to make a right to get back on the route, or maybe they make a deviation before the runs last stop in Greenport. Or maybe they use a parking lot of some type to turn around.

On a side note I've had the same question about the S68 and 7B in Bellport.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
The TransitMan

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 12:34 pm    Post subject: Re: S92 to Greenport/Orient Point routing Reply with quote

S-60 To Smith Haven Mall wrote:

My guess would be that they use some set of roads like a Left on one street, Left on another and then a left on a third that will get them to make a right to get back on the route, or maybe they make a deviation before the runs last stop in Greenport. Or maybe they use a parking lot of some type to turn around.

On a side note I've had the same question about the S68 and 7B in Bellport.

Ok Mac so you don't know the routing going through Greenport towards Orient Point/East Hampton? Thanks for your response by the way.

As for the S68, I think some turn into the S66 (or become an S68) at South Country Rd. The 7B I think uses a gas station as a turn-a-round. I could be wrong but the streets in Bellport go out of the way of the route.
Jimbo

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And the answer is:

Buses bound for Orient Point travel east on Rte. 25 which becomes Front St. in Greenport. They turn left onto First St. and stop on the side of the municipal parking lot opposite the side of the IGA Supermarket. They continue traveling north on First St. (which ends at the intersection of Main St. known locally as "Steamboat Corner"). They travel north on Main St. (which is also Rte. 25) until it ends at the blinking light. Turning right they continue on Rte. 25 to Orient Point (approx. 9 miles)

Buses leaving Orient Point travel west on Rte. 25 turning left at the blinking light to continue on Main St. into Greenport. At "Steamboat Corner" buses bear right to proceed onto First St. Then they turn right onto South St. and either
(a) turn left onto Third St., turn left onto Adams St. turn left onto First St. and stop at the SAME bus stop opposite IGA or
(b) turn left onto Third St., turn left onto Front St. turn left onto First St. and stop at the SAME bus stop opposite IGA or
(c) turn left into the IGA parking lot turn left onto Adams St. turn left onto First St. and stop at the SAME bus stop opposite IGA.

Leaving Greenport they turn left onto South St. turn left onto Fourth Ave. and turn right onto Front St. (Rte. 25) traveling west to Riverhead and beyond.

And for buses NOT proceeding to Orient Point they turn left onto South St. turn left onto Fourth Ave. and turn right onto Front St. (Rte. 25) traveling west to Riverhead and beyond (or at the end of the day back to the Sunrise garage located on Rte. 25 just west of Greenport Village).

And yes, the Greenport bus stop opposite IGA serves passengers in both directions even though the county placed a sign on southbound First St. where no bus has ever stopped.

Bus stop signs are few and far apart in Greenport. Entering Greenport eastbound there are two (2); Rte. 25 @ Ninth St. and the IGA stop. Leaving Greenport westbound the IGA stop and Rte. 25 opposite the 7-11 store.
The TransitMan

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jimbo wrote:
And the answer is:

Buses bound for Orient Point travel east on Rte. 25 which becomes Front St. in Greenport. They turn left onto First St. and stop on the side of the municipal parking lot opposite the side of the IGA Supermarket. They continue traveling north on First St. (which ends at the intersection of Main St. known locally as "Steamboat Corner"). They travel north on Main St. (which is also Rte. 25) until it ends at the blinking light. Turning right they continue on Rte. 25 to Orient Point (approx. 9 miles)

Buses leaving Orient Point travel west on Rte. 25 turning left at the blinking light to continue on Main St. into Greenport. At "Steamboat Corner" buses bear right to proceed onto First St. Then they turn right onto South St. and either
(a) turn left onto Third St., turn left onto Adams St. turn left onto First St. and stop at the SAME bus stop opposite IGA or
(b) turn left onto Third St., turn left onto Front St. turn left onto First St. and stop at the SAME bus stop opposite IGA or
(c) turn left into the IGA parking lot turn left onto Adams St. turn left onto First St. and stop at the SAME bus stop opposite IGA.

Leaving Greenport they turn left onto South St. turn left onto Fourth Ave. and turn right onto Front St. (Rte. 25) traveling west to Riverhead and beyond.

And for buses NOT proceeding to Orient Point they turn left onto South St. turn left onto Fourth Ave. and turn right onto Front St. (Rte. 25) traveling west to Riverhead and beyond (or at the end of the day back to the Sunrise garage located on Rte. 25 just west of Greenport Village).

And yes, the Greenport bus stop opposite IGA serves passengers in both directions even though the county placed a sign on southbound First St. where no bus has ever stopped.

Bus stop signs are few and far apart in Greenport. Entering Greenport eastbound there are two (2); Rte. 25 @ Ninth St. and the IGA stop. Leaving Greenport westbound the IGA stop and Rte. 25 opposite the 7-11 store.

Jimbo,

I'll be TOTALLY honest, I was kind of waiting for you to respond BUT thank you nonetheless. This answers a lot of questions. Thanks again!
S-60 To Smith Haven Mall

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 5:05 am    Post subject: Re: S92 to Greenport/Orient Point routing Reply with quote

The TransitMan wrote:

As for the S68, I think some turn into the S66 (or become an S68) at South Country Rd. The 7B I think uses a gas station as a turn-a-round. I could be wrong but the streets in Bellport go out of the way of the route.

The S66 and S68 don't meet for that to happen all day. The only time something like that happens is on the 8:00 S66 from Riverhead, which follows the S68 route after Bellport and the S68 follows what would be the rest of that S66 run into Patchouge after it gets to Bellport.

The S68 sometimes uses only one bus all day, usually 5016, sometimes they switch buses when they switch drivers though that seems to depend if they have enough spare buses at the time.

I was thinking that they would use the parking lot of the library that is to the right of Station Road.

Jimbo wrote:

And the answer is:

Thanks for the answer Jimbo, I was going to say that you probably knew the answer but forgot to mention it in my previous post.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> Long Island & Westchester Buses All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: