BusTalk Forum Index BusTalk
A Community Discussing Buses and Bus Operations Worldwide!

BusTalk MainBusTalk Main FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups BusTalk GalleriesBusTalk Galleries   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Anyone know when the new Prevosts are going to arrive?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
R62CNG
Banned

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 5:49 pm    Post subject: Anyone know when the new Prevosts are going to arrive? Reply with quote

Is the order going to start next month or what? #2490 has been in service since April I believe.
R62CNG
Banned

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And now, #2491 has entered service in the past few days.
Q65A

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder if/when/how MCI can get back into the "Cruiser Game" with DOB?
For quite some time, MCI really has had a "lock" on the heavy duty express bus market in NYC and NJ. I recall when used Greyhound MC-8's were running on Staten Island Division express routes in the 1970's. NJT really helped solidify MCI's reputation as an express bus builder when the "Jersey Cruiser" MC-9A's & MC-9B's came on the scene in the 1980's. When MTA decided to go with OTR coaches, they already knew MCI was the preferred supplier. Conversely, for all of GM's successes in the bus industry, GM parlor buses never really made it as cruisers (except perhaps the fleet of late-model "Buffaloes" operated by Short Line). Eagle had a brief run with NJT in the 1990's, and even had a brief audience with QTC (a rare single-axle Model 10 at that!) but their corporate problems prevented further success. Van Hooll has only limited penetration into the cruiser market (i.e. with Atlantic Express or NJT sub-contractor Coach USA) and the other Imported Cruisers (i.e. Setra, Temsa, Caio, Irizar, BMC et al.) are too upscale for commuter service and are not Buy USA compliant.
R62CNG
Banned

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's probably going to be quite sometime before MCI returns to NYC. Maybe before the end of the decade when the 2004-2007 MCI D4500CLs will more or less be due for replacement. But MCI seems to be struggling to keep up with orders these days. I've noticed that they have not gotten that many orders in recent years. My concern is that they maybe heading the way of Neoplan, Orion, and now NABI if they don't get their act together.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> New York City Buses All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: