BusTalk Forum Index BusTalk
A Community Discussing Buses and Bus Operations Worldwide!

BusTalk MainBusTalk Main FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups BusTalk GalleriesBusTalk Galleries   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Weird Sighting on Deer Park Road - SCT

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> Long Island & Westchester Buses
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hart Bus

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 5:16 pm    Post subject: Weird Sighting on Deer Park Road - SCT Reply with quote

My wife and I were headed n/b on Deer Park Road about 3PM this afternoon heading toward Jericho Tpke., whe we passed a 50xx SCT bus . Couldn't see the destination sign through my rear view mirror.

Had never seen one there. Could it have been deadheading for the S-41 or S-58 ?
S-60 To Smith Haven Mall

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 9:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Weird Sighting on Deer Park Road - SCT Reply with quote

Hart Bus wrote:
My wife and I were headed n/b on Deer Park Road about 3PM this afternoon heading toward Jericho Tpke., whe we passed a 50xx SCT bus . Couldn't see the destination sign through my rear view mirror.

Had never seen one there. Could it have been deadheading for the S-41 or S-58 ?

Most likely it sounds like it was an S29, unless I have my roads confused.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Hart Bus

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No it couldn't have been the S-29. I just checked the route. The bus does go go n/b on Deer Park Avenue but then at the split by the Northern State Parkway and Dis Hill FD the route goes to the left onto Park Avenue to Jericho Tpke.. and then to the WW Mall.

I spotted the bus on the right split (Deer Park Road). Although I got ahead of him he definitely merged e/b onto Jericho Tpke heading toward East Northport / Commack.
S-60 To Smith Haven Mall

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hart Bus wrote:
No it couldn't have been the S-29. I just checked the route. The bus does go go n/b on Deer Park Avenue but then at the split by the Northern State Parkway and Dis Hill FD the route goes to the left onto Park Avenue to Jericho Tpke.. and then to the WW Mall.

I spotted the bus on the right split (Deer Park Road). Although I got ahead of him he definitely merged e/b onto Jericho Tpke heading toward East Northport / Commack.

My guess would be a replacement bus or a driver that was deadheading from the yard for either the S27, S33, S54, S57 or S63. I'm not sure how or when EBT uses relief drivers. I have heard that they interline some routes, but so far I only heard they do that at WWM and Babylon Railroad.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> Long Island & Westchester Buses All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: