BusTalk Forum Index BusTalk
A Community Discussing Buses and Bus Operations Worldwide!

BusTalk MainBusTalk Main FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups BusTalk GalleriesBusTalk Galleries   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

RTS Website

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> Transit Bus Manufacturers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Q65A

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 4:00 pm    Post subject: RTS Website Reply with quote

Here's a website dedicated to the RTS:
http://www.rtsbusworld.com/
I would have bet my "bottom dollar" this website is run by our old buddy Evan McCausland (author of an excellent RTS book) but there are other RTS devotees out there as well.
GBL Rebel

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NICE!!!! A quick flip through can remind of the differences over the years by the different manufacturers.
traildriver

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know the RTS is revered by many transit bus fans, but I apologize, because I don't understand why that is.
Is it because of the 'futuristic' and unique stlyle?
As a passenger, I like the earlier New Look series better, simply because they have more room (and seating) inside. I especially dislike the claustrophobic feeling sitting in the rear of the RTS....
And I think the Orion's were better in that regard, as well....
Q65A

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even though I personally am a bit more partial to NYCT Orions, New Flyers, and Novas, I feel good whenever I see an RTS still in service. To me, they arguably were the first successful ADBs and, 30+ years and 3 manufacturers later (4 manufacturers if you count Millenium) I think they are genuine survivors. Glad DOB/MTAB have preserved some examples for posterity's sake (especially good old QSC 275 & GBL 10001, behind the wheels of which I had the opportunity to sit at 2 MTAB Roadeos a few years ago). Even the Transit Museum has "pieces" of an RTS on display for all to enjoy.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> Transit Bus Manufacturers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: