BusTalk Forum Index BusTalk
A Community Discussing Buses and Bus Operations Worldwide!

BusTalk MainBusTalk Main FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups BusTalk GalleriesBusTalk Galleries   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

East 99th Street Bus Garage

View previous topic :: View next topic  
John Lakehurst

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 7:34 pm    Post subject: East 99th Street Bus Garage Reply with quote

There was a large bus garage that occupied the entire block of East 99th Street between Lexington Avenue and Park Avenue in Manhattan. Back in the fifties I recall seeing lines of yellow & green GM buses lining up on Lexington Avenue in the late afternoon to enter the garage. Because the buses were always yellow & green I was wondering if this garage was, in fact, the Fifth Avenue Coach Company's bus garage.

John Lakehurst
X-Astorian

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 10:55 pm    Post subject: Re: East 99th Street Bus Garage Reply with quote

John Lakehurst wrote:
There was a large bus garage that occupied the entire block of East 99th Street between Lexington Avenue and Park Avenue in Manhattan. Back in the fifties I recall seeing lines of yellow & green GM buses lining up on Lexington Avenue in the late afternoon to enter the garage. Because the buses were always yellow & green I was wondering if this garage was, in fact, the Fifth Avenue Coach Company's bus garage.

John Lakehurst

That would have been the 100th Street garage of the New York City Omnibus Corp., which, along with the Fifth Avenue Coach Company, was renamed Fifth Avenue Coach Lines in July 1956. Under either name, you would have seen yellow and green buses.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> New York City Buses All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: