BusTalk Forum Index BusTalk
A Community Discussing Buses and Bus Operations Worldwide!

BusTalk MainBusTalk Main FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups BusTalk GalleriesBusTalk Galleries   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Former LI Bus Buses
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> Long Island & Westchester Buses
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GBL Rebel

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

R62CNG wrote:
So is that also the reason why that the Orion VII OG hybrids and NG hybrids can't transfer from MTA bus company, to NYCT or LI bus?

When you use federal money with a specific reason, you need to keep that reason. Even though NYCT and MTA Bus are run together, they are different. NYCT don't use federal funds to by buses.
GBL Rebel

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NorthShore wrote:
We will never know how title of the Orion VII's were transferred from MTA to Nassau County.

Are you basing ownership of these buses by the name on the original title issued? Have you seen the original title? The federal funding for these buses would go to Nassau, not MTA. MTA was a contractor for Nassau, just like MTA is a contractor for MTA Bus. Everything there doesn't necessarily mean its owned by MTA.
NorthShore

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Federal portion is only a small percentage of the total. Nassau did not contribute anything-therefore they are not entitled to own the buses. The MTA paid the balance.
GBL Rebel

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not looking to give you grief, I am just trying to understand where all the solid information is coming from. And unless something changed and I missed it, and I could very well be wrong and I am not scared to admit it, usually the Fed money is about 50% of the purchase.

The MTA is not scared to go to the media and complain how they were cost money. I don't remember this happening as far as the bus purchase. They did complain Nassau was costing them money due to not paying the operating money that was agreed upon.
R62CNG
Banned

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, but how about the Orion V CNGs? Didn't the MTA paided for, ordered, spec'd these buses?
R62CNG
Banned

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, but how about the MTA LI bus's Orion V CNGs? Didn't the MTA paided for, ordered, spec'd these buses? I know Nassau paided for them too, but I don't think they did anything else. And while we are at it, are the MTA bus Company Orion V CNGs city owned too, not MTA owned?
Hart Bus

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey R62CNG:

A word to the wise----use the spell check feature embedded in this site. If I remember my high school English, the past tense of pay is PAID, not that crazy word you have use at least twice in your posts.
GBL Rebel

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

R62CNG wrote:
And while we are at it, are the MTA bus Company Orion V CNGs city owned too, not MTA owned?

Everything that was PBL is NYCDOT owned. Everything bought after MTA take over was bought for MTA Bus, which should mean if MTA Bus were to go private again, these buses go with the work.
RailBus63

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NorthShore wrote:
The Federal portion is only a small percentage of the total. Nassau did not contribute anything-therefore they are not entitled to own the buses. The MTA paid the balance.

Actually, the Federal portion is the largest - FTA 5307 and 5309 program funds account for over $32 million of the $43.3 million used to buy the 170's, and the $2.5 million in CMAQ (Congestion Mitigation and Air Quality) funding is also a federal program. Those funds were secured by the county's congressional representatives for the benefit of its citizens, regardless of whatever happened with county executives paying or not paying the 'local share'. At worst, if MTA did kick in the 10 percent of the purchase amount for the county, it would be entitled to 10 of the 100 buses.
NorthShore

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All MSBA/LI Bus Orion V's , Nassau paid their share. Therefore they own the buses.
The former MTA Bus Company buses were paid by NYC with a portion paid by NY State and Federal funds.
Currently MTA Bus Co, & NYCT buses are paid for by NYC, MTA and Federal funds.
GBL Rebel

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NYCT does not use federal funds to purchase their buses. That stopped with the Grumman mess in 1984. MTA Bus uses federal funds through NYCDOT, who is responsible for the MTA Bus Company routes.
RailBus63

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GBL Rebel wrote:
NYCT does not use federal funds to purchase their buses. That stopped with the Grumman mess in 1984.

Correct, although NYCT does receive significant Federal funding for subway car purchases and other capital projects.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> Long Island & Westchester Buses All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: