BusTalk Forum Index BusTalk
A Community Discussing Buses and Bus Operations Worldwide!

BusTalk MainBusTalk Main FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups BusTalk GalleriesBusTalk Galleries   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

'New Look Spotted on Santa Monica Boulevard'

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> Surface Transit - Western United States
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mr. Linsky
BusTalk's Offical Welcoming Committee

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 5:42 pm    Post subject: 'New Look Spotted on Santa Monica Boulevard' Reply with quote

Yesterday afternoon, coming home from the grocery on Santa Monica Boulevard, I spotted a GM 'New Look' heading in the other direction toward the city.

I was quite surprised because we don't see too many 5300's any more, and this one, which was probably traveling to or from a movie set, was unusual.

The words 'RTD' Airport Connection' in large black letters were sprawled diagonally across the all white side and front that I could see.

Additionally, it was a 'sightseer' with glass panels in the roof.

I'm sure that there were many such glass roofed GM's in those days but I'm wondering whether it might have been either an ex New York Bus Service or ex Greyhound (1964/65 World's Fair Flushing)?

Here's a good question for our experts; were these glass top jobs a factory option or were they aftermarket?

In any event, if it's a 'New Look' hanging around Los Angeles, it probably belongs to Loren Joplin who has fields of them in Perris, Ca.

Mr. Linsky - Green Bus Lines, Jamaica, NY
ripta42
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That sounds like former Gray Line 4913; it belongs to Scott Richards at Regional Transit Service in Riverside.
MOVIEBUSES

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

3015 belongs to Regional Transit in Riverside California. This bus is ex GOLA/GLSD 4913 renumbered to 5309. It was then sold to Town Tours/Funbus and then to Grayline of Alaska. I bought the bus and had it shipped to Seattle where I drove it to Riverside. The bus was repainted as OCTD #1056 and then into grey colors but retained the OCTD design. The bus was then repainted white untill I had a call for a movie shoot that needed a bus that would have served the Ontario International Airport in the 1980's. 1056 was repainted as SCRTD Airport Express.

Its a really neat and extremely good looking bus. Its also alot of fun to drive.
www.rts-regionaltransitservice.com

I would insert a picture of the bus but I dont know how to do it, check the website under guest appearences for thousands of pictures.[/img]
Mr. Linsky
BusTalk's Offical Welcoming Committee

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MOVIEBUSES,

No problem - I started this board so I'll place the photo - it is the exact bus that I saw in L.A. the other day - and in really nice shape too!

Photo borrowed with much appreciation from Regional Transit for educational purposes only.

Mr. Linsky - Green Bus Lines, Jamaica, NY

MOVIEBUSES

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 9:39 am    Post subject: Regional Transit 3015 Reply with quote

Thanks for posting the picture for me. I read this board alot but just became a member. I will learn to add pictures. I have thousands of pictures of movie shoots and all the buses in So. Cal area.
www.rts-regionaltransitservice.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> Surface Transit - Western United States All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: