BusTalk Forum Index BusTalk
A Community Discussing Buses and Bus Operations Worldwide!

BusTalk MainBusTalk Main FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups BusTalk GalleriesBusTalk Galleries   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

'TRIBORO COACH (NY) - A HISTORY'

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> Exchange Place & Collector's Corner
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mr. Linsky
BusTalk's Offical Welcoming Committee

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 4:21 pm    Post subject: 'TRIBORO COACH (NY) - A HISTORY' Reply with quote

Normally, I do give credit to the eBay vendors where I find most of my prized photos without intent to hawk the products except in very rare instances and this is one of them;

Pictured below is the front cover of the July-September 1998 issue of Motor Coach Age Magazine featuring the complete history of Triboro Coach Corporation of Jackson Heights, New York from its beginning as the Woodside-Astoria Transportation Company in 1925 through the GM 'RTS' era and written by the late Alan Bromberger (MHSRIP).

Wonderful photos abound as do loads of interesting factoids about the rise, the stumble and eventual outstanding success of the company in this 23 page article - highly recommended reading and saving especially for you New York area enthusiasts!

About the cover;

Seen on a warm spring day in 1941 loading homeward bound commuters from the Roosevelt Avenue El and heading to La Guardia Airport via 82nd Street on a newly franchised extension of the Q-33 Crosstown Line
is a 1938 40 passenger White Motor Company Model 788 and one of twenty likenesses numbered from 1031 to 1050 delivered in that year.

Available through '4509bus' at eBay as item number 350921451470.

Mr. Linsky - Green Bus Lines, Inc., Jamaica, New York

Hart Bus

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have that issue, probably purchased from that same E-bay vendor who I have to be honest, reputable and a fast shipper, who includes a plastic page
protector so that you can keep the magazine in a loose leaf binder

Kudos to the late Alan Bromberger for writing such a well researched article. That edition of MCA will make a great addition to anyone's reference library.

May Alan Bromberger rest in peace.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> Exchange Place & Collector's Corner All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: