BusTalk Forum Index BusTalk
A Community Discussing Buses and Bus Operations Worldwide!

BusTalk MainBusTalk Main FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups BusTalk GalleriesBusTalk Galleries   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

TTMG.org is OOS

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> General Bus Forum - All Bus Topics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Q65A

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 10:12 am    Post subject: TTMG.org is OOS Reply with quote

Some of you might be familiar with TTMG.org, Trevor Logan's urban transportation website.
Apparently TTMG.org has shut down, perhaps permanently.
Personally, I always thought TTMG and BTN (of course!) were the 2 most "professional" bus/transit fan sites on-line.
Trevor and his crew definitely were serious students of MTA rolling stock (both steel wheeled and rubber tired) and their regular rosters were excellent, well-formatted presentations. I had just printed a copy of their MTA bus fleet roster and depot roster in May, not knowing it might have been for the final time.
There are some lessons for me here:
1. Visit (and save, if possible) good quality on-line info, because one day it might be gone suddenly.
2. Appreciate those same sources while you can.
3. Support the efforts of all the good guys and girls while you can. (I don't know why TTMG shut down, but I suspect either Trevor got tired of having to resolve "flame wars" or mediate disputes between posters, or perhaps other demands on his personal life made it difficult for him to maintain the website.)
In any case, we bus fans owe Trevor and his team a debt of gratitude for having created one of the best transportation pages anywhere.
obregonmichael5

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Q65A, i made the Orion V CNG rosters that is updated. http://forum.bustalk.info/viewtopic.php?t=3796&sid=64680643338c3ca516d507b1df5a97a5 .
obregonmichael5

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's too bad that Trever Logan shut down the site due to people messaging him to give updates on the roster and flame wars.
Q65A

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

obregonmichael5 wrote:
It's too bad that Trever Logan shut down the site due to people messaging him to give updates on the roster and flame wars.
You are absolutely right, Michael. Trevor probably just got tired of all this bad behavior and just shut it down. TTMG was a wonderful resource for up-to-the-minute DOB roster info in recent years. A number of years ago at BTN, we had one or more editions of "The Roster" posted here; those rosters were very similar to those usually available at TTMG, and were very thorough and nicely illustrated with bus images and depot logos in full color. Glad you put together your Orion V CNG roster, and I'm glad you posted it here at BTN to share with all of us.
obregonmichael5

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Q65A wrote:
obregonmichael5 wrote:
You are absolutely right, Michael. Trevor probably just got tired of all this bad behavior and just shut it down. TTMG was a wonderful resource for up-to-the-minute DOB roster info in recent years. A number of years ago at BTN, we had one or more editions of "The Roster" posted here; those rosters were very similar to those usually available at TTMG, and were very thorough and nicely illustrated with bus images and depot logos in full color. Glad you put together your Orion V CNG roster, and I'm glad you posted it here at BTN to share with all of us.
Well thank you for your comment on my roster. It was hard to figure out which bus is in service and which is not in service. But keep in mind that once the Orion V CNGs retires, I will go to Eastchester Bus Depot to note down the list of scrap buses. Yea Trevor Logan should bring a message out saying not to email him about updating the roster or blog or not to troll on him.
ripta42
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hopefully not permanently, since Trevor is one of the best, if not the best, resource out there for the latest on New York and New Jersey transit happenings.

Fortunately we're a relatively small community we don't have the pressure of keeping anything up to the minute, so I've never remotely had to consider the nuclear option. Just keep behaving yourselves and it will stay that way Very Happy.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> General Bus Forum - All Bus Topics All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: