BusTalk Forum Index BusTalk
A Community Discussing Buses and Bus Operations Worldwide!

BusTalk MainBusTalk Main FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups BusTalk GalleriesBusTalk Galleries   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

'VINTAGE BUS TOKENS'

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> Exchange Place & Collector's Corner
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mr. Linsky
BusTalk's Offical Welcoming Committee

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 3:36 pm    Post subject: 'VINTAGE BUS TOKENS' Reply with quote

I know there are colleagues on the board that are collectors of vintage bus tokens so I thought this might be a great contact thread for what's out there.

We'll start off with the very interesting specimen below issued by the Triboro Coach Corporation probably sometime in the thirties when they still operated out of Woodside, New York.

While I can only speculate, I would say that these tokens were turned in to the government for the value of the brass during the war years and the method of transfer was not used thereafter.

It's a great find!

Photo courtesy of 'j4diceoo1' and is up for auction on eBay as item # 350765905460.

Mr. Linsky - Green Bus Lines, Inc., Jamaica, New York

gmnewlook

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a vintage token that used to belong to my brother, it was in his coin collection that he gave me. It's from Chambly Transport, circa 1947. Chambly Transport was the ancestor of the CTRSM/STRSM/RTL. I'll post a pic of it later.
NorthShore

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could these Triboro Coach tokens be for the premium fare Q53 Rockaway Beach service?
Mr. Linsky
BusTalk's Offical Welcoming Committee

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For you bus token collectors, here's a neat set of ten used by Jerusalem Avenue Bus Line, Inc. - a small operation out of Hempstead, New York which was taken over by the Metropolitan Suburban Bus Authority (MSBA) in 1973.

Personally, I like the little antique bus in the center of the coin which very much appears like a Model 'CW' Mack of the thirties.

Enjoy!

Item # 231005666734 available on eBay.

Mr. Linsky - Green Bus Lines, Inc., Jamaica, New York

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> Exchange Place & Collector's Corner All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: