BusTalk Forum Index BusTalk
A Community Discussing Buses and Bus Operations Worldwide!

BusTalk MainBusTalk Main FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups BusTalk GalleriesBusTalk Galleries   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Long Ridge High Ridge Bus Company

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> Surface Transit - Eastern United States
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Old Look 4007

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 2:27 pm    Post subject: Long Ridge High Ridge Bus Company Reply with quote

Back in the 50s and early 60s when CRL Lines used to service Stamford, CT, there was also a line called the Long Ridge High Ridge Bus Company.

Their fleet consisted of 'Cracker Box' Fords, 1940s and early 50s International School buses and two GM TD 4007s which were ex Public Service.

The buses were painted gray with red trim.

Was wondering if any of you great people have heard of this company.

CT Transit took over CRL route to Stamford as well as the Long Ridge and High Ridge route some time in the early 1960s.
roymanning2000

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The August, 1968 issue of Motor Coach Age contained a history of the Connecticut Company. I recall there was a brief mention of Long Ridge High Ridge in that article. I don't believe there were any photographs of their buses, though.

Roy
Old Look 4007

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone have a copy of the 1968 Motor Coach Age, I believe it is from July 68 which deals with the Connecticut Company?

I cannot find a copy on e-bay and would gladly pay for a PHOTO COPY of this issue if someone has a copy.

I do have PAY PAL and would pay for a copy.

My email is Kinzigjk@aol.com
Old Look 4007

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe it is the August 1968 issue of Motor Coach Age that covers the Connecticut Company.

I bid on it a couple of years ago on e-bay but was not able to win the bid.

As I mentioned previously, I will gladly pay for a good photo copy.

Thanks guys.
Mr. Linsky
BusTalk's Offical Welcoming Committee

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Old Look 4007,

While I don't have a complete copy of the Motor Coach Age magazine dealing with The Connecticut Company, what I do have would be a pleasure to share with you which would be the company's all time roster as seen below.

I do have one off the cuff comment about one item;

I cannot believe that anyone, and especially The Connecticut Company, would have ever bought any used buses from New York's Avenue B and East Broadway Transit Company!

Anyway, I hope the roster helps you out - it really tells the whole story.

Many regards,

Mr. 'L'

Old Look 4007

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you ever so much Mr Linsky! The information you sent was a great help and filled in all of the gaps of the CT Company roster.

My only present roster is from a book entitled Transportation Bulletin No. 83 Stamford Street Railroad Co. by Ed Martin from Jan-Dec 1976.

This book fills in the info on the Yellow TG 3602/3606 series buses which I rode to junior high school circa 1961! While two of the Yelow 3602 models were listed as 'gas buses' they were actually converted to diesels after the war! These two Yellows had TD rear engine hathches whereas the other models had TG rear engine hatches.

Stamford always got buses passed on by New Haven in those days albeit they were purchased new by CT Company.

Again, thanks Mr Linsky for helping me fill in the pieces.

Sincerely,

Jeff (Old Look 4007)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> Surface Transit - Eastern United States All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: