BusTalk Forum Index BusTalk
A Community Discussing Buses and Bus Operations Worldwide!

BusTalk MainBusTalk Main FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups BusTalk GalleriesBusTalk Galleries   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Classic Metal works GMC PD4501 Scenicruiser

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rob

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 2:03 pm    Post subject: Classic Metal works GMC PD4501 Scenicruiser Reply with quote

I just observed this on the Classic Metal Works web site.

October 27, 2011 - iHobby Show Update

We have just returned from a very successful week in Chicago. We Introduced several new Mini Metals and model kits products during show.

At the top of the list was the introduction of one of the most asked-for HO scale models - the GMC PD4501 "Scenicruiser" bus! Yes, HO scale model railroad and bus fans will no longer have to wait... CMW will be producing this iconic bus in late Spring 2012 for an early Summer 2012 release. We will have more updates as the project progresses.

Rob
frankie

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great news Rob! Wouldn't it be nice if CMW also made the PD-4104 to go along with the Scenicruiser? Both were the backbone of Greyhound's fleet in its heydays and would be a great addition to anyone's layout.

Frankie
Rob

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, that would be cool - in Trailways too!
[/img]
Rob

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:10 pm    Post subject: Scenicruiser in production Reply with quote

Classic Metal Works is reporting that the HO Scenicruisers are on the assembly line with shipping to distributers by Thanksgiving.
Rob
buslist

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:25 pm    Post subject: Other CMW news Reply with quote

The same CMW newsletter that noted the Secinicrusier on the way also announced new releases for the 3610 in Fifth Avenue Coach and Pacific Electric (don't think either had 3610s).
frankie

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're correct. Neither company had 3610's! Unfortunately 99.9% of the people who do purchase these don't know that. All they want is a colorful bus to add to their train layout regarding of their authenticity.

Personally, I'll buy one of each just to add to my collection. It would be nice if CMW would make bus models to go with the livery they want to use. With the old look non-paired window models, I would think it'll be easy enough to modify the castings to various lengths.

Frankie
Rob

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I picked up two HO scale Scenicruisers today at Iron Horse Hobbies in Reading, PA. Very nice job, I think. I'll through a photo in my gallery.

Rob
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> The Bus Modeler All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: