BusTalk Forum Index BusTalk
A Community Discussing Buses and Bus Operations Worldwide!

BusTalk MainBusTalk Main FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups BusTalk GalleriesBusTalk Galleries   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hello

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> Member Introductions and Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SonofGreyhound1

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:47 am    Post subject: Hello Reply with quote

Hello, fellow bus fans, and thanks for letting me join in your Discussion Group. I came about my interest in buses through my father, Don Coffin, as I helped him catalog his enormous collection of bus photos, timetables, magazines, scale models, and assorted Greyhound memorabilia, much of which now resides in the Bus Museums at Hershey and in Phoenix.

Currently trying to track down a 1930's Pacific Greyhound Fleet roster, which my Dad donated to Greyhound without making a copy for himself. It is somewhere buried in their archives.

Any ideas?

Thanks for having me (us)

Gordon
RailBus63

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome aboard!

Jim D.
traildriver

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:25 am    Post subject: Welcome aboard! Reply with quote

Did you try to contact Greyhound 'corporate' in Dallas to see if they still have any archives that may help you?
Another lead is to see if the University of Wyoming at Laramie Coe Library still has the collection of archives that a former GL executive gifted to them in the 1970's. They had about 20 'doc' boxes of materials as well as other memorabilia including large plaster bus models, signs, etc.
If you have not already done so, try some of the other bus fan sites on the 'net and inquire....

Good luck on your search, and again, Welcome!
Mr. Linsky
BusTalk's Offical Welcoming Committee

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SonofGreyhound1,

A welcome to BusTalk from myself as well - glad to have you aboard.

The name Don Coffin has been bandied about on these bus channels for years gathering a reputation as a mentor in this business and I can see that you're very proud of that!

There is one other outlet for vintage rosters that might help you and that would be the files of the Motor Bus Society at;

http://www.motorbussociety.org/

Good luck and regards,

Mr. 'L'
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> Member Introductions and Announcements All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: