BusTalk Forum Index BusTalk
A Community Discussing Buses and Bus Operations Worldwide!

BusTalk MainBusTalk Main FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups BusTalk GalleriesBusTalk Galleries   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I'm Back to BTN

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> Member Introductions and Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Q65A

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:02 am    Post subject: I'm Back to BTN Reply with quote

Hi to all my old BTN buddies!
I'm glad to be back at BTN after a too-long absence.
Between ever more demanding job responsibilities and a 9-day temporary relocation thanks to Superstorm Sandy, I haven't been able to focus much on the bus world.
I can see lots of things have happened since I last was involved at BTN.
DOB has a lot of new bus types to consider, and the exit of Orion from the transit bus business cannot be good news for the MTA, who with WMATA, Golden Gate Transit, RTD, TTC, CDTA and other major carriers originally helped put BIA/Orion on the transit map in the first place.
Personally I'm saddened by the job losses at Missisauga ON and Oriskany NY, but also as a bus fan. I can tell you from personal experiences as a busfan that the Orion folks were always very nice to me and always answered my requests for "bus stuff" very graciously. Some of their competitors were not as kind or generous.
New Flyer and Nova remain as the 2 last contenders for what will be some really big NYC $$$, unless Millennium Transit can get on their feet (wheels??) with a Neo RTS of some sort.
MCI formerly held the lock on the DOB cruiser business, but now Prevost is knocking on the DOB door. If the 90 X3-45's prove to be good runners, MCI will have something to worry about.
See you guys down the road!!!
Bob
RailBus63

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome back Bob!
Mr. Linsky
BusTalk's Offical Welcoming Committee

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bob,

Feels good to have you around again - it's like old times!

BTW; if you're complaining at your age, what are you going to do when your my age?

Anyway, many regards to you and the family.

Mr. 'L'
timecruncher

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meh - age is relative. I'm relatively old, but like good wine, I get better with age... Razz

timecruncher

(in my own mind, of course!)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> Member Introductions and Announcements All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: