BusTalk Forum Index BusTalk
A Community Discussing Buses and Bus Operations Worldwide!

BusTalk MainBusTalk Main FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups BusTalk GalleriesBusTalk Galleries   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

'MY FIRST SPACE SHUTTLE SIGHTING'

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> General Transportation - All Other Modes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mr. Linsky
BusTalk's Offical Welcoming Committee

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 3:53 pm    Post subject: 'MY FIRST SPACE SHUTTLE SIGHTING' Reply with quote

This 'General Transportation' thread doesn't mention 'space ships' but they are a form of transportation so I figured it to be O.K. to put my pictures here.

We Angelino's were the recipients of a really rare treat this morning with the 'flybys' of the space shuttle Endeavor nestled atop a NASA 747 (ex American Airlines) on its way to a landing at Los Angeles International.

The pictures, taken from the patio of my home in Brentwood just as the lumbering giant and its charge passed overhead from the beach on their way to downtown L.A., aren't great because I couldn't adjust my zoom quickly enough.

Nevertheless, it was quite a thrill to see and something I will certainly always remember.

Enjoy,

Regards,

Mr. 'L'

JimmiB

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw on the news that they were doing flybys with the shuttle. I'm glad you got to see it. I'm sure that it was a real thrill to see.
traildriver

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was at the old Stapleton Airport in Denver when the brand new Enterprise was carried in for public display. And I was here in NYC when it made its last voyage to its final resting place on the Intrepid.
So I know how much a thrill it is....... Cool
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> General Transportation - All Other Modes All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: