BusTalk Forum Index BusTalk
A Community Discussing Buses and Bus Operations Worldwide!

BusTalk MainBusTalk Main FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups BusTalk GalleriesBusTalk Galleries   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Retired HART 701
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> Long Island & Westchester Buses
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hart Bus

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think it has been there for too long unless it had very costly repair problems and was sold.

Somewhere on this board I listed the series of buses that Hart had acquired over the years.

Every batch was the next hundred as in 1xx, 2xx, etc. The most recent acquisitions were the 8xx.

Hart acquired some cut-away vans, similar to Suffolk Transits 28xx. They are numbered 101 -104 (?).

Then I've seen some in the 2xx range. Today I happened to see 101 and 201.

My guess is that they have replaced the 700's, since I haven't seen them around town in a while. The nudie bar (Tender Trap) doesn't count since I could not stop and try to look under the wrap, if that's possible.
S-60 To Smith Haven Mall

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hart Bus wrote:
I don't think it has been there for too long unless it had very costly repair problems and was sold.

Somewhere on this board I listed the series of buses that Hart had acquired over the years.

Every batch was the next hundred as in 1xx, 2xx, etc. The most recent acquisitions were the 8xx.

Hart acquired some cut-away vans, similar to Suffolk Transits 28xx. They are numbered 101 -104 (?).

Then I've seen some in the 2xx range. Today I happened to see 101 and 201.

My guess is that they have replaced the 700's, since I haven't seen them around town in a while. The nudie bar (Tender Trap) doesn't count since I could not stop and try to look under the wrap, if that's possible.

i'll ask my friend when was it that he had first seen it parked there.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
GBL Rebel

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to retract the statement that the bus is a cut away. Boy did I get that one wrong!!
Mr. Linsky
BusTalk's Offical Welcoming Committee

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GBL,

Join the club - none of us are perfect!

I couldn't see a cut down from anything myself but I figured that some one knew what they were talking about.

As they say in French; 'c'est la vie'

Regards,

Mr. 'L'
S-60 To Smith Haven Mall

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I talked to my friend, he said that that bus (or what ever you call it) has been sitting in that lot for at least three years.

Oh and GBL like Mr. L said none of use are perfect and we all make mistakes, like i did when i said that Suffolk Bus Corp use to run that type of bus on the 7A and 7B back in the day, they only ran that type of bus on the 7A.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
GBL Rebel

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The part of retracting the cut away part was just to be funny. When I seen this thing it caught me by surprise while in moving traffic with no where to pull over. I sometimes see way too much while driving. Not helping the sighting was the fact I was trying to go grab something to eat as it was that time.

My next mission- a double decker in Farmingdale.
Hart Bus

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GBL: That too is a mission of mine but before 4/18 it may be difficult since I don't have any business in that area. From what I remember from seeing current pictures of the ex FACO bus, it think it is on Florida Street in East Farmingdale.

Directions would be to go on Rte 110 and turn into Allen Blvd, first right on to Baiting Place Road, second left is Florida. Florida appears to be about 5 blocks long, so it won't take long to find it - Assuming I am correct.

Allen Blvd is south of 109 and north of Great Neck Road. I think that there is a traffic light (I hope so) and signs alerting you to it.

Good luck
Mr. Linsky
BusTalk's Offical Welcoming Committee

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, Fellas,

Could that be what's left of # 2013?

Regards,

Mr. 'L'

Hart Bus

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes that's the vehicle I'm referring to. It seems to be in its current location, which is located in an industrial area. of East Farmingdale
S-60 To Smith Haven Mall

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was just told that Former HART # 701 was moved towards the back, away from the street, in the lot on Suffolk Ave, that its been in.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> Long Island & Westchester Buses All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: