BusTalk Forum Index BusTalk
A Community Discussing Buses and Bus Operations Worldwide!

BusTalk MainBusTalk Main FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups BusTalk GalleriesBusTalk Galleries   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

August 28, 1969

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> Today in New York City Transit History
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Catfish 44

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 2:32 pm    Post subject: August 28, 1969 Reply with quote

40 years ago today my grandfather retired from the TA after 39 years. The last car he moved as a motorman was R32 3823 in Coney Island Yard. God Bless him.
traildriver

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The amazing thing is there's a fair chance that car could still be in service today!
If not that particular car, I'm sure there are some running that your grandfather operated at some time.....
Catfish 44

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:58 pm    Post subject: August 28, 1969 Reply with quote

Thank you for responding. The car is still active and based out of 207. I have never caught it in service but my cousin that has the plaque he received when he retired as well as a couple of his brake handles has been lucky enough. I have a nice super 8 film of that last move btw.
traildriver

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 2:31 pm    Post subject: Re: August 28, 1969 Reply with quote

Catfish 44 wrote:
Thank you for responding. The car is still active and based out of 207. I have never caught it in service but my cousin that has the plaque he received when he retired as well as a couple of his brake handles has been lucky enough. I have a nice super 8 film of that last move btw.

That's great, but I suggest you convert it to a DVD as soon as possible, before the film deteriorates.....
W.B. Fishbowl

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting that that took place three days before both the TA and MaBSTOA instituted a policy of exact fares on buses, and drivers no longer accepting change, effective Aug. 31, 1969.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> Today in New York City Transit History All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: