BusTalk Forum Index BusTalk
A Community Discussing Buses and Bus Operations Worldwide!

BusTalk MainBusTalk Main FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups BusTalk GalleriesBusTalk Galleries   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Next Generation Orion VII HEV Question

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Q65A

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 1:07 pm    Post subject: Next Generation Orion VII HEV Question Reply with quote

Over at Bus Chat recently are quite a few photos of Next Generation Orion VII HEV's working out of BP depot in Jamaica. I seem to recall that among the new features on these units are a redesigned instrument panel and a new overhead left-side console for the B/O. I know that some other bus models also have overhead switch panels (e.g. the Gillig Low Floor).
Does anyone have any photos of the instrument panel and overhead side panels of these new HEV's? (I wonder if one of them will beon display at the 2008 MTAB Roadeo??)
Has NYCT taken delivery of any of these units, or are they all currently headed to MATB?
Q101viaSteinway

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Q65A no that bus (1292) is just a demo .
Q65A

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Q101viaSteinway wrote:
Aha, no wonder the fleet number is so low; thanks for the info, Q101!
JCL

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 7:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Next Generation Orion VII HEV Question Reply with quote

Q65A wrote:
Over at Bus Chat recently are quite a few photos of Next Generation Orion VII HEV's working out of BP depot in Jamaica. I seem to recall that among the new features on these units are a redesigned instrument panel and a new overhead left-side console for the B/O. I know that some other bus models also have overhead switch panels (e.g. the Gillig Low Floor).
Does anyone have any photos of the instrument panel and overhead side panels of these new HEV's? (I wonder if one of them will beon display at the 2008 MTAB Roadeo??)
Has NYCT taken delivery of any of these units, or are they all currently headed to MATB?

Orion VII NG, bus 1294A, visited OC Transpo (Ottawa, Ontario, Canada) on Tuesday afternoon. I have pictures of the driver's area:

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h2/jcl_7/OC_Transpo-demo/2007/OrionVII_NG/1294A-drivers.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h2/jcl_7/OC_Transpo-demo/2007/OrionVII_NG/1294A-drivers2.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h2/jcl_7/OC_Transpo-demo/2007/OrionVII_NG/1294A-drivers3.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h2/jcl_7/OC_Transpo-demo/2007/OrionVII_NG/1294A-drivers4.jpg
Q65A

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks very much for those shots, JCL!!!
I had visited Ottawa 2 years ago during a visit to Montreal, and I was very impressed with those sharp red OC Transpo buses (especially the NF Inveros).
You have a very nice city indeed.
TransitGuy

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Q65A wrote:
Q101viaSteinway wrote:
Aha, no wonder the fleet number is so low; thanks for the info, Q101!

Another thing is that I hear that another demo is being prepared (to MTA's liking) I heard that the bus will have a bit less on the console. According to Jamaica608 in subchat:

Quote:
Will be in service Thursday morning. This Orion VII Next Generation Demo has the standard MTA blue seats and less buttons on the dash. I was told one more demo will be arriving soon.

It also seems like they are preparing another, making 3 which is a lot for demos.
Mike M

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1295 seen on Guy Brewer and 147 Avenue approx. 5pm today
TransitGuy

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea I have seen 1294 and 1295 a lot lately on the Q112, 1295 looks pretty good especially since its in the MTA format. Hopefully the bus performs better than the older models.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> New York City Buses All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: