BusTalk Forum Index BusTalk
A Community Discussing Buses and Bus Operations Worldwide!

BusTalk MainBusTalk Main FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups BusTalk GalleriesBusTalk Galleries   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Lebanon (PA) Coach Co.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> Surface Transit - Eastern United States
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JimmiB

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 11:38 pm    Post subject: Lebanon (PA) Coach Co. Reply with quote

Just came across a photo on eBay from Coddhallmaya, which I am bidding on. He says its undated but I figure its from the mid 60's which is way before I worked there and long before the county took over the transit operation. It's funny to think that 25 or so years later, that window under the "bus advertising" lettering would be my office window.

The bus shown is a TGH3102, one of two bought new in 7/54 by Lebanon Coach Co. Manufacturer nos. 0488 and 0489, fleet nos. 202 and 203. I don't know which one this is.
On a sad note, this was probably one of several dozen in our bone yard on a county farm that I had scrapped when I was manager. In my defense, it was under orders from my board of directors.

Last edited by JimmiB on Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
JimmiB

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since buying the original of this photo I find that I was wrong on the year. Fleet numbers 201 and 202 were purchased in 1954. Also, 2 more, numbers 204 and 205 were purchased in 1957.
The full photo shows the front of another one in the window on the left.

Just to confuse things, the number on this bus is 200? And what about the missing number 203?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> Surface Transit - Eastern United States All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: