BusTalk Forum Index BusTalk
A Community Discussing Buses and Bus Operations Worldwide!

BusTalk MainBusTalk Main FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups BusTalk GalleriesBusTalk Galleries   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Advice or suggestions needed on saving 2 4106s please!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> General Bus Forum - All Bus Topics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MattS

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 6:22 am    Post subject: Advice or suggestions needed on saving 2 4106s please! Reply with quote

You know the old saying, "Be careful what you wish for"? I know a local guy who owns a 1962 and a 1965 GM PD-4106. I stopped at his house last week and asked if I could take a photo of one parked behind his garage. Long story short, he told me both coaches run and he had planned on converting one to a RV but doesn't have time for the project. He offered me the coaches (both have the seats removed) plus all the spare parts he has for $5500. Two problems, I don't have $5500 and I don't have anywhere to put two 35 foot coaches. His other option is to drive them to a scrapyard and I really would hate to see that happen. Any thoughts, advice, suggestions are welcome! Both coaches are located in east-central Indiana near the Ohio border.
traildriver

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While the selling price is very reasonable, that cost is only the beginning...
You say you have no place to put them....that should be reason enough to forget about it, until you do have the means and the place.
Unless you are mechanically inclined, and plan on doing most of the work yourself, you would be taking on a very big undertaking. There are several websites you may find that have forums for those doing similar work. I would suggest you read thru those to get an idea of just what I mean. If you still want to pursue it, ask those that have done it, or are doing it for advice before you "pull the trigger".....
MattS

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply. I know I'm not in a position to undertake this project right now, but I'm hoping to find a way to keep them from getting cut up into small pieces. I don't know if there is an organization or museum (like the one in Minnesota) that would be interested in parts buses if nothing else. Or maybe there is a collector in the area that could save them?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> General Bus Forum - All Bus Topics All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: