BusTalk Forum Index BusTalk
A Community Discussing Buses and Bus Operations Worldwide!

BusTalk MainBusTalk Main FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups BusTalk GalleriesBusTalk Galleries   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Saturday route sign near HART's Huntington RR stop

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> Long Island & Westchester Buses
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Commackbustaker

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 1:36 am    Post subject: Saturday route sign near HART's Huntington RR stop Reply with quote

Saturday route This sign image I've linked to is interesting and in such decent shape I obliged to believe the route still runs. I hope someone on the forums knows anything about it.
Hart Bus

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think it does. On a recent Saturday visit Hart said that they only run 3 buses all day on a two hour headway so that I don't think this bus runs anymore.

Of course you can always call them and speak to someone about this service. Also Pathmark which used to be in the BIG H shopping center is gone for at least ten years from that spot.
Commackbustaker

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hart Bus wrote:
I don't think it does. On a recent Saturday visit Hart said that they only run 3 buses all day on a two hour headway so that I don't think this bus runs anymore.

Of course you can always call them and speak to someone about this service. Also Pathmark which used to be in the BIG H shopping center is gone for at least ten years from that spot.

When I think of Pathmark in the area I'm thinking of the one on the corner of Jericho Turnpike and Old Country Road in Dix Hills ala the H11 which is a discontinued route. I trust that the Pathmark your thinking about is probably the one for this route though looking on the map, and the stops listed. I might just call over to HART and see about the sign as well. The last thing I could think this might be is some other organization than HART providing this service, but that really couldn't be right?
Hart Bus

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Commackbustaker wrote:
Hart Bus wrote:

When I think of Pathmark in the area I'm thinking of the one on the corner of Jericho Turnpike and Old Country Road in Dix Hills ala the H11 which is a discontinued route. I trust that the Pathmark your thinking about is probably the one for this route though looking on the map, and the stops listed. I might just call over to HART and see about the sign as well. The last thing I could think this might be is some other organization than HART providing this service, but that really couldn't be right?

Yes the one I was thinking of was in the Big H shopping center and previously was a SEARS store. Considering the posted run times and that Lowndes Ave is close by I feel I am correct. Never heard of anyone other than HART (since its formation) running any service (not counting the S-1).
Commackbustaker

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Talking with HART, I got my answer. The people who may run it is called Huntington Coach, and I say may because even those at HART don't even know if they do it or not anymore. They don't even know if there is a fare and what that might be. They said it's like a school bus that heads over there on Saturdays and picks up people, if it still runs. I looked it up in the phone book and rang them but got no answer, of course it could also be that I called the place after 5PM. Have you ever heard of them?
S-60 To Smith Haven Mall

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Commackbustaker wrote:
Talking with HART, I got my answer. The people who may run it is called Huntington Coach, and I say may because even those at HART don't even know if they do it or not anymore. They don't even know if there is a fare and what that might be. They said it's like a school bus that heads over there on Saturdays and picks up people, if it still runs. I looked it up in the phone book and rang them but got no answer, of course it could also be that I called the place after 5PM. Have you ever heard of them?

Huntington Coach is a School Bus Company that operates School Buses for School Districts in the Huntington Area, and for two in Nassau. I believe they also provide buses to at least one camp during the summer.

They use to have Transit buses that did lines in Nassau (Under Hendrickson) and the Walt Whitman Mall to Halesite portion of the Current S1 sometime before the county took over.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> Long Island & Westchester Buses All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: