BusTalk Forum Index BusTalk
A Community Discussing Buses and Bus Operations Worldwide!

BusTalk MainBusTalk Main FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups BusTalk GalleriesBusTalk Galleries   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Finally a good Long Island Public Transit map

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> Long Island & Westchester Buses
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Commackbustaker

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:32 am    Post subject: Finally a good Long Island Public Transit map Reply with quote

Check out this cool map: http://www.dougandadrienne.info/litransit/litransit.html The map can also differentiate depending on the day it is. Pretty neat, huh?
S-60 To Smith Haven Mall

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:57 am    Post subject: Re: Finally a good Long Island Public Transit map Reply with quote

Commackbustaker wrote:
Check out this cool map: http://www.dougandadrienne.info/litransit/litransit.html The map can also differentiate depending on the day it is. Pretty neat, huh?

The guy who made it had many mistakes for Suffolk. I helped him correct some, though I don't know if he fixed the other.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Commackbustaker

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One thing off the bat I noticed was the lack of the S110. What did you notice?
S-60 To Smith Haven Mall

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Commackbustaker wrote:
One thing off the bat I noticed was the lack of the S110. What did you notice?

The buses running through SUNY Stony Brook were wrong at first, as well as the the stops for the S40 and S66 in Patchouge. He also had the 7D wrong at first.

He also had some routes wrong at Smith Haven Mall

He also had the routes in Riverhead wrong, I told him how to right them but right them but I didn't look to see if he corrected them.

Everything else was correct to my knowlege, though I hadn't checked for the S110.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Commackbustaker

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I read the disclaimer right, it mentions any route with less than 3 round trips or seasonal isn't listed, which includes the S110. It also mentioned they aren't affiliated with any of the transit agencies, so I'll cut it some slack. The Smith Haven Mall area is being put under further review at the moment and the Stony Brook area looks ship shape now. Furthermore while it needs work, it's currently it's better than what google has up.
S-60 To Smith Haven Mall

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Commackbustaker wrote:
If I read the disclaimer right, it mentions any route with less than 3 round trips or seasonal isn't listed, which includes the S110. It also mentioned they aren't affiliated with any of the transit agencies, so I'll cut it some slack. The Smith Haven Mall area is being put under further review at the moment and the Stony Brook area looks ship shape now. Furthermore while it needs work, it's currently it's better than what google has up.

Yeah the guy fixed the SUNY Stony Brook routes after I pointed it out.

Google doesn't give any bus routes for Suffolk.

Also he messed up the S60 near Coram, though I don't recall if I pointed that out to him at the time.
Commackbustaker

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The S60 looks right to me at least in Coram.
I know Google gives no routes for SCT, sarcasm was the name of the game there, however it doesn't seem to travel well on here. The funny thing about Google is there is something called Street View and when it that along main route you can clearly see the signs for SCT routes. Oh well SMH moment there.
S-60 To Smith Haven Mall

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Commackbustaker wrote:
I know Google gives no routes for SCT, sarcasm was the name of the game there, however it doesn't seem to travel well on here. The funny thing about Google is there is something called Street View and when it that along main route you can clearly see the signs for SCT routes. Oh well SMH moment there.

The guy has the S60 using Middle Country to CR 83 to get to Old Town Road, which of course it doesn't do. I was off, thats the border area for Selden and Coram
Commackbustaker

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

S-60 To Smith Haven Mall wrote:
Commackbustaker wrote:

The guy has the S60 using Middle Country to CR 83 to get to Old Town Road, which of course it doesn't do. I was off, thats the border area for Selden and Coram

Ah that's what got me, and I see what you you put down. Is it correct that the S63 is the only bus on 25 east of Nichols road until Boyle Road?
njbusmap.com

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the nod to the site everyone.
S-60, I remember you saying that changes in Riverhead were needed, but the details aren't in the same place you suggested the other changes. Can you send them to fatguy1@mindspring.com please?
The S60 is no longer routed via CR83 on my local copy of the map, and it will be corrected on the public version once I finish going through Monday's NICE changes.
Otherwise, the site is still very new, and it will likely take a while to shake out all the bugs. Keep right on pointing out the glitches--just about all of these were done late at night or well before my coffee kicked in, so I'm not going to take it personally.
Thanks!
-Doug
S-60 To Smith Haven Mall

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

njbusmap.com wrote:
Thanks for the nod to the site everyone.
S-60, I remember you saying that changes in Riverhead were needed, but the details aren't in the same place you suggested the other changes. Can you send them to fatguy1@mindspring.com please?
The S60 is no longer routed via CR83 on my local copy of the map, and it will be corrected on the public version once I finish going through Monday's NICE changes.
Otherwise, the site is still very new, and it will likely take a while to shake out all the bugs. Keep right on pointing out the glitches--just about all of these were done late at night or well before my coffee kicked in, so I'm not going to take it personally.
Thanks!
-Doug

The S60 was never routed Via CR 83 or at least it hasn't as long as I can remember. Unless it was routed that way before the late 90's or as a detour.

The Riverhead routes or confusing. I'll send you an e-mail.
Commackbustaker

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doug,
Any way you get it done is fine, it's nice to have one map to look at from the Nassau/Queens border to the Forks to better gauge any trip I need to take. If there's any suggestion I'll make is that when we get closer to June you could put up the Summer/Sunday lines in Nassau/Suffolk. Keep up the good work!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> Long Island & Westchester Buses All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: