BusTalk Forum Index BusTalk
A Community Discussing Buses and Bus Operations Worldwide!

BusTalk MainBusTalk Main FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups BusTalk GalleriesBusTalk Galleries   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CONSTRUCTION NOTICE: Re-route for S92 in Shinnecock Hills

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> Long Island & Westchester Buses
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The TransitMan

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:27 am    Post subject: CONSTRUCTION NOTICE: Re-route for S92 in Shinnecock Hills Reply with quote

There's a BIG sign near the Shinnecock Canal that says, "North Rd CLOSED from January 17th-May 25, 2012. Now it does not say from where to where because North Rd runs from Sunrise Hwy, along the EAST side of the Shinncock Canal and ends at Montauk Hwy. The S92 WILL be affected by this. If I had to guess from where-to-where, I would say from the Sunrise Hwy underpass to Montauk Hwy since they did previous work by the LIRR overpass recently. I will keep you guys posted...since Suffolk Transit website won't. Wink
S-60 To Smith Haven Mall

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:36 am    Post subject: Re: CONSTRUCTION NOTICE: Re-route for S92 in Shinnecock Hill Reply with quote

The TransitMan wrote:
There's a BIG sign near the Shinnecock Canal that says, "North Rd CLOSED from January 17th-May 25, 2012. Now it does not say from where to where because North Rd runs from Sunrise Hwy, along the EAST side of the Shinncock Canal and ends at Montauk Hwy. The S92 WILL be affected by this. If I had to guess from where-to-where, I would say from the Sunrise Hwy underpass to Montauk Hwy since they did previous work by the LIRR overpass recently. I will keep you guys posted...since Suffolk Transit website won't. Wink

Well if the DPW Commissioner was speaking the truth and the DPW has very little employees, I'm surprised that they have someone to make the minor updates that they do make on Suffolk Transit's website.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Jimbo

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The work to be done is on the LIRR overpass. The road will be closed for the short stretch under the overpass. Work is to commence in mid January (the date has been pushed back once since December) and should be completed by early May. Detour routing is being formalized. To access the North Road (CR39) eastbound traffic will be directed to Montauk Highway then to Peconic Road to the North Road. Westbound traffic from North Road will be directed to Peconic Road to Montauk Highway. The only portion of North Road that will probably lose service is the short stretch from Montauk Highway to the LIRR overpass. Stay tuned for updates.
The TransitMan

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jimbo wrote:
The work to be done is on the LIRR overpass. The road will be closed for the short stretch under the overpass. Work is to commence in mid January (the date has been pushed back once since December) and should be completed by early May. Detour routing is being formalized. To access the North Road (CR39) eastbound traffic will be directed to Montauk Highway then to Peconic Road to the North Road. Westbound traffic from North Road will be directed to Peconic Road to Montauk Highway. The only portion of North Road that will probably lose service is the short stretch from Montauk Highway to the LIRR overpass. Stay tuned for updates.

That's the BEST re-route they came up with! I'll be on the lookout for that. Also, that stretch between the LIRR overpass and Montauk Hwy is only ONE stop...I think.

It would be nice to see buses running on that stretch of Montauk Hwy. Thanks for the update.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> Long Island & Westchester Buses All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: