BusTalk Forum Index BusTalk
A Community Discussing Buses and Bus Operations Worldwide!

BusTalk MainBusTalk Main FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups BusTalk GalleriesBusTalk Galleries   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CBS Lines and Inter County Coach...CLOSING???!!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> Long Island & Westchester Buses
View previous topic :: View next topic  
S-60 To Smith Haven Mall

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The TransitMan wrote:
S-60 To Smith Haven Mall wrote:
No the 5A, S56,S58,S60,S62,S71,S76, and S110 will be run out of Suffolk Transportation's New Coram Yard which is located at NYS 112 and Old Middle Country Road. (United Bus Corps yard) [url] http://maps.google.com/maps?q=Suffolk+Transportation+Service,+Inc+in+Coram&hl=en&prmd=imvns&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.,cf.osb&biw=1024&bih=475&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wl[/url] Last year Suffolk Transportation took over the United Bus Corp yard as well as their school bus contracts The Port Jefferson SD (which use to belong to Coram Bus Service) and Mini-Buses for Comsewogue SD.

As for everything else, as far as I heard it is correct.

Wow. Looks like Suffolk Bus is dominating. Three yards, huh? Well, that should make things easier.

Well there are multiple yards (at least 5), though all except one is in the name of Suffolk Transportation Service, Inc. Only the Ronkokoma Yard at 1980 Pond Road is in Suffolk Bus's name

As for EBT it is my understanding that they have the yard where they currently store their Suffolk Transit buses and a yard across the street from that one. Now as to they can fit all Inter-County's and their buses and their School buses, that I have no clue.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
midnytestorm

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 9:50 pm    Post subject: ICMC Reply with quote

I was on the 2B (an Intercounty run) and the driver confirmed that Intercounty lost their runs to EBT.
S-60 To Smith Haven Mall

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:13 pm    Post subject: Re: ICMC Reply with quote

midnytestorm wrote:
I was on the 2B (an Intercounty run) and the driver confirmed that Intercounty lost their runs to EBT.

Well then EBT will finally get Orion V's since Inter-County has two.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
midnytestorm

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:42 pm    Post subject: Re: ICMC Reply with quote

midnytestorm wrote:

A driver worked for both companies is curious to know how EBT will get the extra buses in the Coppiague yard.
S-60 To Smith Haven Mall

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 1:07 pm    Post subject: Re: ICMC Reply with quote

midnytestorm wrote:
midnytestorm wrote:

A driver worked for both companies is curious to know how EBT will get the extra buses in the Coppiague yard.

I've heard that asked by bus fans and a friend. Now that I look at it my first thought is unfeasible.

They could open another yard, unless EBT's parent company has a yard close by for EBT's school buses or the Transit Buses.

I guess we will have to wait till January to see.
midnytestorm

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 2:22 pm    Post subject: Re: ICMC Reply with quote

midnytestorm wrote:
midnytestorm wrote:

I've heard that asked by bus fans and a friend. Now that I look at it my first thought is unfeasible.

They could open another yard, unless EBT's parent company has a yard close by for EBT's school buses or the Transit Buses.

I sent an email to Intercounty about a week ago asking about this issue and I finally received a response.

"All requests for information should be directed to Suffolk County. Please contact SCDPW @ 631-852-5200 for further information on this issue.
Fred De Noon."

As for a bus yard for Educational, I know they have a yard in Hicksville and Northport.
S-60 To Smith Haven Mall

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 4:26 pm    Post subject: Re: ICMC Reply with quote

midnytestorm wrote:
midnytestorm wrote:
midnytestorm wrote:

I sent an email to Intercounty about a week ago asking about this issue and I finally received a response.

"All requests for information should be directed to Suffolk County. Please contact SCDPW @ 631-852-5200 for further information on this issue.
Fred De Noon."

As for a bus yard for Educational, I know they have a yard in Hicksville and Northport.

I like how he gave you the number to Suffolk Transit, which when some people call nobody answers.

I didn't know they had a yard in Hicksville, I only knew of the Copigue one and Northport.

I tried googling the Northport yard a while ago and couldn't find it unless it wasn't built like a normal bus yard and thats why I couldn't find it.

Educational's Parent company has a small yard a block behind EBT in Copaigue where I believe they keep EBT's mini buses and vans. That yard happens to be across the street from Baumann & Sons Buses.
The TransitMan

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's the latest on the EBT and Inter-County merger?
S-60 To Smith Haven Mall

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The TransitMan wrote:
What's the latest on the EBT and Inter-County merger?

I haven't heard anything.

I'm thinking either later on tonight or tomorrow about updating the roster
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> Long Island & Westchester Buses All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: