BusTalk Forum Index BusTalk
A Community Discussing Buses and Bus Operations Worldwide!

BusTalk MainBusTalk Main FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups BusTalk GalleriesBusTalk Galleries   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

[CT] End of an era.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> Surface Transit - Eastern United States
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thehartfordboy

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:47 am    Post subject: [CT] End of an era. Reply with quote

The last Classics in CT to be replaced in the next two-three months, how does that make everyone feel here? Especially since they're the last buses with the old scheme to be retired (BTW the Eldorados don't count because the ones running in Hartford and New Haven are wrapped for specialty service, though I am not sure about Stamford.)
RailBus63

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They've had a good run.
subbuff

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The word in New Haven is some 9600's will remain in service.
thehartfordboy

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

subbuff wrote:
The word in New Haven is some 9600's will remain in service.
Hmm, expansion?
subbuff

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No..just not enough new buses to replace all the old.
Bill D

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Classics have been real workhorses, especially in New Haven. They still show up on some J4 trips to Waterbury on a daily basis. They are liked for their higher seating capacity, and I don't believe that the artics will work out as well as the Classics have. I have heard rumors about some staying around, but we'll have to wait and see.

BTW, most of the El Dorados seem to now be in storage at James Street. I'm not sure how many may still be in service.

Bill
thehartfordboy

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bill D wrote:
The Classics have been real workhorses, especially in New Haven. They still show up on some J4 trips to Waterbury on a daily basis. They are liked for their higher seating capacity, and I don't believe that the artics will work out as well as the Classics have. I have heard rumors about some staying around, but we'll have to wait and see.

BTW, most of the El Dorados seem to now be in storage at James Street. I'm not sure how many may still be in service.

Bill

They suck. Here in Hartford, sometimes the New Flyers are assigned to fill the place of an El Dorado. BTW, the turn onto Union place can't be done with a regular 40 foot bus.
subbuff

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drove 9901 for OT yesterday.The bus ran like crap..please junk these buses.my back is a wreck today because every bump was like a knife going into my spine.
djmarco12

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 8:12 pm    Post subject: Re: [CT] End of an era. Reply with quote

thehartfordboy wrote:
The last Classics in CT to be replaced in the next two-three months, how does that make everyone feel here? Especially since they're the last buses with the old scheme to be retired (BTW the Eldorados don't count because the ones running in Hartford and New Haven are wrapped for specialty service, though I am not sure about Stamford.)

in Stamford they will be in service until December2011 or January 2012
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> Surface Transit - Eastern United States All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: