BusTalk Forum Index BusTalk
A Community Discussing Buses and Bus Operations Worldwide!

BusTalk MainBusTalk Main FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups BusTalk GalleriesBusTalk Galleries   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Scenicruisers: When did retirement begin?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> Over The Road Carriers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NEW YORK OMNIBUS 2629
BusTalk's Offical Welcoming Committee

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scenicruiser restoration is surely an operation that requires years of blood, sweat, and tears....but, surely, MORE than worth the effort!! Very Happy http://www.walkercustomer.com/scenicruiser.html
NEW YORK OMNIBUS 2629

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This early 1960's Scenicruiser picture truly takes me back to my childhood days, when Greyhound travel was still regarded as elite, elegant, and stylish, reflecting a long-ago, more innocent era, when folks still dressed up to travel.

As the Scenicruiser was almost like a "land-locked liner", it seemed most appropriate that passengers would dress up to travel aboard one of these proud, high-stepping coaches!! Very Happy This is one of the FINEST Scenicruiser images EVER, IMHO!! Very Happy http://www.walkercustomer.com/images/5542gli_4501card.jpg
Mr. Linsky

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

John.

As Yogi Berra would say "dis is dejavu all over again".

You'll find a whole spread that I did on the Loewy Greyhound on page 15 of my 'Bus Nostalgia' series.

In the future I would suggest scrolling through the series before you present duplications of work that has already been done - it will save us a lot of time and valuable thread space!

Mr. 'L'
NEW YORK OMNIBUS 2629

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr. "L" : Please except my apologies; I certainly had no intentions of wasting the time of my fellow forum members, nor did I intend to waste thread space. There is still quite a bit on this board that I have yet to explore, and I most certainly will scan through them as time permits, to avoid further duplication. Again, sincerest apologies! In all honesty, I truly am at a loss as to what to post any more. Seems just about every possible bus topic has been covered, and, as you certainly are truly a pro in your field (your exhaustive knowledge on the bus industry is MORE than evident!), I'll just sit back and observe for awhile....will give me more time to see the work of true experts in the field! John
Mr. Linsky

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

John,

In no way do I want to discourage you from being the active poster that you have now become - actually, it invigorates and increases membership interest.

I sometimes bring back a piece or part thereof that I have already presented so as to benefit the youngsters who have just tuned in so to speak.

I think it would be a good idea though if you were to study the forums, add to them any meaningful information and, by all means continue with your own creative efforts.

Your apology is not necessary.

Mr. 'L'
NEW YORK OMNIBUS 2629

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr. "L": Let it NEVER be said that you are ANYTHING less than a GENTLEMAN; seriously, I think more forums such as this would greatly benefit with a "Mr 'L' " of thier own.....fellows who are TRULY KNOWLEDGEABLE and yet DO NOT present themselves as OBNOXIOUS "know-it-alls".....professionilsm is ALWAYS quite easy to detect..... Very Happy

I could live to be 100 and STILL not even able to know even .00000008th of what you know! Certainly, I'm a rank amatuer in comparison to you, but, that's OK, as it translates in being able to learn a LOT more on many fascinating bus-related topics..... Very Happy John
NEW YORK OMNIBUS 2629

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

.....too bad that NYU, Harvard, Yale, or Rutgers do not offer courses/classes such as "BUSOLOGY 101"......I think I know a true "professor" in the field..... Very Happy (I'm certain position would come with a NICE salary....man, talk about GETTING PAID for doing what you LOVE!!) Very Happy
Dieseljim
Deceased

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 6:16 pm    Post subject: Scenicruiser Would Make a Nice Tour Bus Reply with quote

I believe a Scenicruiser would make a nice tour bus if handled properly, together with the companion PD4104 (assuming there are any still roadworthy in their original BUS configuration) when used in a highly unusual tour program that would give travellers a dose of what bus travel was once like and could be again- enjoyable,relaxing, and relatively stress free. Vintage equipment like this could take the riders back to a simpler far more friendlier time when the world was not going mad like it is now.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
traildriver

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was perusing the older threads, and this caught my interest.
I recall that starting in around 1969, The new MC-7's first started to appear on the northernmost runs like Chicago-Minneapolis-Seattle. Then New York-Chicago- Salt Lake City-San Francisco. Then New York-St. Lous-Los Angeles. The last long east-west route the Scenic's held down was the New York- Tulso- San Antonio schedule.
Of course the MC-7's were deployed in lots of other runs as well, concurrently. But they seemed to want the newer more reliable buses first on the cold weather transcontinental routes....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> Over The Road Carriers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: