BusTalk Forum Index BusTalk
A Community Discussing Buses and Bus Operations Worldwide!

BusTalk MainBusTalk Main FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups BusTalk GalleriesBusTalk Galleries   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Proposed 1990 SCT Route Cuts

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> Long Island & Westchester Buses
View previous topic :: View next topic  
S-60 To Smith Haven Mall

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 3:50 am    Post subject: Proposed 1990 SCT Route Cuts Reply with quote

It seems in 1989 Suffolk proposed to cut some routes starting in 1990.

I know all the routes on the list except for to the 1C that is said to have run from Copiague and Amityville and the 9A that is said to have ran from Mattituck to Orient Point . does anyone know if those routes once existed?

Also on the proposed cut list were the 7D/E,2A,6A,8A,10D/E,10A,S57, and S66 (The S66 wasn't mentioned in the text below but was referenced in another article that was written in september on 1989)

heres a link, but a warning you do have to pay for the full text.

[url]http://pqasb.pqarchiver.com/newsday/access/103473974.html?dids=103473974:103473974&FMT=ABS&FMTS=ABS:FT&type=current&date=Aug+17%2C+1989&author=By+William+Bunch&pub=Newsday+%28Combined+editions%29&desc=Suffolk+Plans+10+{CENTS}+Bus+Fare+Hike&pqatl=google[/url]

Last edited by S-60 To Smith Haven Mall on Wed Jul 20, 2011 12:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Jimbo

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 9A did run from Mattituck to Orient Point. It was operated by Sunrise Coach Lines. I'll try to dig up a map of the route.
S-60 To Smith Haven Mall

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jimbo wrote:
The 9A did run from Mattituck to Orient Point. It was operated by Sunrise Coach Lines. I'll try to dig up a map of the route.

So I guess it was shut down in 1990 and not revived. I know that I ad read in a diffrent article that was from 1991 that a fare increase in that year would help bring back 5 routes that had been eliminated. I have no idea what routes those were however.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
S-60 To Smith Haven Mall

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From what I can tell the S57 and the S59 (or maybe one of the two) were put on the chopping block back in 1997, Sorry there was no text made available in the link. I'll add the link incase someone wants to buy it so they can read it. http://pqasb.pqarchiver.com/newsday/access/12740890.html?dids=12740890:12740890&FMT=CITE&FMTS=CITE:FT&type=current&date=Jul+01%2C+1997&author=By+Rick+Brand.+STAFF+WRITER&pub=Newsday+%28Combined+editions%29&desc=Bus+Routes+May+Be+Cut+In+Budget+Decisions&pqatl=google
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> Long Island & Westchester Buses All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: