BusTalk Forum Index BusTalk
A Community Discussing Buses and Bus Operations Worldwide!

BusTalk MainBusTalk Main FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups BusTalk GalleriesBusTalk Galleries   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bus Mfrs. On-Line

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> Transit Bus Manufacturers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Q65A

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 12:33 pm    Post subject: Bus Mfrs. On-Line Reply with quote

I still have an active subscription to National Bus Trader magazine, plus maybe an issue or two of Bus Ride as well.
I would like to start posting the web addresses of as many bus manufacturers, equipment suppliers, etc. as I can find. I'll try to do a few a day, if possible.
Mr. Linsky
BusTalk's Offical Welcoming Committee

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 1:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Bus Mfrs. On-Line Reply with quote

Q65A wrote:
I still have an active subscription to National Bus Trader magazine, plus maybe an issue or two of Bus Ride as well.
I would like to start posting the web addresses of as many bus manufacturers, equipment suppliers, etc. as I can find. I'll try to do a few a day, if possible.

Bob,

I have a question for you;

Years ago the premiere periodical having to do with everything buses was 'Bus Transportation' (a McGraw-Hill publication) which was then folded into 'Fleet Owners' magazine (same publisher).

One of the last cover stories in Bus Transportation was a complete spread on the opening of the then new Green Line Rockaway Bouleverd garage (now known as JFK Depot) which, at the time, was touted as the latest and one of the best erquiped facilities.

My question; is there still a Fleet Owners magazine and, if so, is there still a section devoted to buses?

Mr. Linsky

"THe Green Hornet" Green Bus Lines, Jamaica, New York (LA 7 2400)
Q65A

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Mr. L! There certainly is a Fleet Owner magazine (http://fleetowner.com). It is devoted to heavy duty trucking, and is really one of the more venerable trucking magazine. I'm a long-time big rig fan, and I first was introduced to Fleet Owner by a very kind truck salesman at the old Diamond Reo dealership on McGuinness Blvd. in Greenpoint, Brooklyn. Another excellent trucking magazine is Overdrive (www.overdrive.com). Neither one covers buses at this time, but they do cover lots of diesel engine and transmission info.
Q65A

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are some links; happy surfing!

www.abc-companies.com (ABC Bus/Van Hool)
www.mcicoach.com (MCI)
www.freightlinerchassis.com (FL bus chassis)
www.prevostcar.com (Prevost)
www.gillig.com (Gillig)
www.nabiusa.com (NABI)
www.newflyer.com (New Flyer)
www.orionbus.com (Orion)
www.millenniumtransit.com (Millennium Transit)

More to come as I keep digging...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BusTalk Forum Index -> Transit Bus Manufacturers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: